- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Hal Leonard Student Piano Library Adult Piano Method: Book 1 Paperback – Mar 1 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book can be used with a teacher or on your own. Having four authors keeps the material fresh and varied. Also important is the inclusion of improv exercises. And if you like this book, there are supplementary items like 'Popular Hits' and 'Christmas Favorites.'
This book starts off not even using sheet music, but instead using large notes, with the letter names written on them, moving up and down. The point here is to get the student's fingers a little used to the keys and the direction of the notes in association with the keys.
The song selection is brilliant. After a technique has been introduced and a song has been played involving that technique. The song associated with the next introduced technique will include the previously introduced tech.
Essentially, the book builds on itself, one step at a time.
The 4 star is because I believe this book nearly REQUIRES previous experience with sheet music. The book has very little instruction involved with the rythmn values of notes and rests. Ofcourse the Audio Cd would help.
Recommended. This is my first time on piano and I feel pretty good about my progress.
The song's in Book 1 are very simple at first, but the accompaniment makes things entertaining. You get a slightly slow version with the piano and then a full speed version with just the accompaniment. In addition, each song has a full midi file for you to play with in any midi sequencer.
My biggest gripe is that the book does not include chord symbols with the songs. But, the music makes them quite obvious in most cases.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Instrumentation > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Instruction & Study
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Techniques
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Theory