Life in the Balance: My Journey with Breast Cancer Hardcover – Aug 31 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Life in the Balance is much like the Dr. Marla we all know--frank, authoritative, and wildly informative. What surprised me was the depth of intimacy here, both from Marla and from her family. They have all been struck by this disease, and their decision to share their thoughts and reflections could not have been an easy one. But we benefit from their courage, and their heart. This is a moving, deeply personal read." (Seamus O?Regan, Co-Host, Canada AM)
About the Author
DR. MARLA SHAPIRO is a Certificant of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and a Specialist in Community Medicine. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Toronto and has her own family practice. The medical consultant for CTV National News and Canada AM, she also hosted the show Balance: Television for Living Well and writes a bi-weekly column in The Globe and Mail. She lives in Toronto with her family.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Disorders & Diseases > Alzheimer's Disease
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Breast Cancer
- Books > Humour & Entertainment