Life in the Boreal Forest Paperback – May 20 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Wayne Lynch is a Fitzhenry and Whiteside author.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'm a dodo-brained poli sci major, a career military guy with no training in silviculture, zoology, climatology, or geology. I'm just an enthusiastic canoeist, hiker, fisherman, and admirer of the Canadian/Alaskan forests. The writer speaks to people like me perfectly- a really entertaining account of animals, weather, geology and forest interacting in an amazingly huge and 'unpeopled' wilderness.
For info, if you've got a kid at the high school level who needs to do a paper/report on species interacting in ecologies, this book has about 25 stories each with its own theme about the miraculous adaptations. I.E.- one of the best was about the ten year population cycles of rabbits, and how its predators and food react to these cycles.
Entertaining and educational. A great reminder that whether you believe in Creation or Evolution or some mix of the two, ecologies are amazingly complicated and genius!
Signed, Aaron on Traci's Amazon account
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora > Trees
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants > Trees
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference