Lifefactory 12-Ounce Glass Bottle with Straw Cap and Silicone Sleeve, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The 12 oz Straw Cap with a raised grip oval sleeve pattern. The Straw Cap delivers upright, spillproof sipping (no tipping required). The 12 oz is an ideal everyday companion that fits into handbags, backpacks and car cupholders. The volume works well for active kids as well as adults seeking a smaller capacity, lighter weight bottle. All caps from 16 and 22 oz bottles will fit on the 12 oz bottles. Features: Our glass bottles offer a pure taste with no leaching from plastics or metals Wide-mouth access makes it easy to add ice cubes, citrus slices or tea bags Protective silicone sleeve provides a non-slip gripping surface and helps prevent breakage Dishwasher safe (place cap on top rack/no need to remove silicone sleeve) Includes polypropylene (PP#5) cap and silicone straw All components made in the U.S. or Europe Product assembled in the U.S. All materials are FDA approved BPA/BPS-free and phthalate-free 12 oz (350 ml)
From the manufacturer
Straw Cap Bottle
Slim and mobile. It travels wells and looks great doing it. Straw Cap provides no-tip sipping for convenience.
- No leaching from plastics or metals
- Wide-mouth access makes it easy to add ice cubes, citrus slices or tea bags
- Protective silicone sleeve provides a non-slip gripping surface and helps prevent breakage
- Dishwasher safe
- All components made in the U.S. or Europe. Product assembled in the U.S.
- All materials BPA/BPS-free and phthalate-free; All materials are FDA approved
Upright, Spillproof Sipping
The Straw Cap is designed for upright, spillproof sipping (no tipping required). The Straw Cap is perfect for the treadmill and yoga class. The polypropylene cap includes 1 silicone straw. The pivoting handle provides a great way to carry the bottle and stows out of the way while drinking.
|Beverage Glasses||Wine Glasses||Water Bottles||Baby Bottles||Food Storage||Accessories|
|Available Sizes||10oz, 20oz||11oz, 17oz||9oz, 12oz, 16oz, 22oz||4oz, 9oz||1-cup, 2-cup, 4-cup||One size|
|Key Features||Perfect for juices, sodas, water, and more||Small size for white wine, large size for red wine||Pure taste with no leaching from plastics or metals||Transition safely from freezer to boiling water||Hot to frozen food storage; microwave, oven, and freezer safe||Compatible with 12, 16, and 20 ounce Lifefactory bottles|
|Additional Features||Great for indoor and outdoor use||Great for indoor and outdoor use||Available with classic caps, flip caps, or straw caps||Compatible with flat cap, sippy cap, and nipple cap||Leak resistant lid with button closures; good for indoor and outdoor use||Personalize your Lifefactory bottle|
|Materials||Glass with medical grade silicone sleeve||Glass with medical grade silicone sleeve||Glass with medical grade silicone sleeve||Thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass with protective silicone sleeve||Tempered glass with medical grade silicone sleeve||n/a|
|Cap/Lid Materials||n/a||n/a||Polypropylene cap; silicone straw||Medical grade silicone nipple; polypropylene cap||Polypropylene lid||Polypropylene, silicone straw|
|Care||Dishwasher safe with sleeve on||Dishwasher safe with sleeve on||Dishwasher safe with sleeve on||Dishwasher safe with sleeve on||Dishwasher safe with sleeve on||Dishwasher safe|
Lifefactory fuses a modern design sensibility, healthy materials, friendly composition and exceptional utility to produce a full line of Safe, Simple and Smart products.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I was sick of the plastic taste of my past water bottles, and my husband raved about his new lifefactory one, but I thought his was too heavy, too bulky, and I prefer a flip straw. Lucky for me, there are many options!
Whereas the 22 ounce size doesn't fit in either of our cars cup holders (a VW and a Honda) my 16 ounce one fits easily, the 16 ounce size is also considerably lighter than the 22 ounce one, so I am willing to bring it along with me. I haven't experienced any leaking yet, though it's been pretty consistently upright, so it hasn't really been tested in that regard. The straw suction works okay. I'd prefer to get more water with each sip, but it'll do.
My husband's bottle has been through the dishwasher many times and still looks like new, so I'm confident mine will hold up in the wash as well.
Last note, the caps are interchangeable across the different sized bottles. If I ever wanted to try the flip cap, I could use my husband's cap on my bottle.
Our 12 oz. bottle was dropped from a height under 36" and sustained a crack 3.25" in a semi circular shape by the rim. Damage was concealed by the lid and was not noticeable until after use. The crack may have released tiny glass shards that went into my child's drinking water inside. I question the design safety and integrity of this product:
Issue #1: The silicon sleeve does not perform as stated by the company as it fails as an anti-slip grip guard because the silicone is thin and the holes in the silicon sleeve expose a large amount of glass surface area that becomes slippery especially when full or wet and in the hands of a child. The sleeve also does not provide temperature protection because there are very large holes in it by design. The sleeve provides no collision protection because it cracks from one small drop (under 3 feet).
Issue #2: The warranty. No warranty against cracking from one small drop (under 3 feet). However please see the company response below regarding glass replacements. In my opinion this is a fair and consumer oriented policy.
Issue #3: No links to glass bottle replacements on Lifefactory website. You must write in to the company if you do not see a link on their website for your glass replacement. They will email a link to the glass insert. A bit inconvenient since I had to wait over 2 weeks for a response.
Issue #4: The awkward short straw must be used at an angle, then pushed completely flat again to avoid leaks. It does not do this easily. There is no cover over the straw itself to keep it sanitary for use.
Issue #5: I wonder how Life Factory might responsibly market these products for children when they could potentially sustain injury from unnoticeable cracks and shards that occur under the lid as was my child's case? It was not until I washed the bottle that I noticed that damage.
In my opinion while I appreciate being able to see how much liquid is in the the container and it does look great, I feel safer with the insulated metal thermos option for my child to bring to school.
"Apologies for the delayed response!
I am very sorry to hear about your child’s broken bottle. I would be happy to send you a full replacement. Please let me know which color their 12oz bottle was.
1) The sleeve is meant to provide a better gripping surface for the bottle compared to a glass bottle with no sleeve. While the silicone sleeve does protect against everyday use, we can't claim that the bottles are shatterproof. Unfortunately, the bottle can still break from impact under the correct circumstances.
2) Although we do not have a warranty, we know glass can break, and we wanted an economical way for our customers to continue using our bottles if broken, without having to invest another $30 in purchasing a new bottle. For broken bottles, we offer replacement glass inserts for the bottles that you can order online. You simply save the silicone sleeve and cap to the bottle. The replacement glass inserts are no cost, you are only responsible for paying shipping. You can always order your free replacement here: Replacement Bottles
3) We are currently working on content of our website and are working on finding a permanent home for the link. For future reference, The link is a result of search done on[...]. If you ever need to find them again, simply log onto[...] > go to the top of the webpage where you’ll see a ‘Search’ bar in the top right-hand corner > type in the EXACT word “replacement” > hit the ‘Search’ button and the replacement bottles will pop right up.
Please note that you MUST type in the EXACT word “replacement”. Any variation of “replacement” will not yield the correct results. For example, searching for “replacements” or “replacement glass” will not yield the correct results.
4) We understand your concerns and consider our bottles a healthy alternative to harmful plastics. We encourage our customers to evaluate the benefits and risks with glass as they do with plastic and metal and make a personal decision that is best for their families.
The bottle should be regularly inspected for cracks or breaks, especially if the bottle has been dropped.
Please be sure to send over the specifics for the replacement bottle!