- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Lineages of Despotism and Development: British Colonialism and State Power Hardcover – Jun 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Matthew Lange is assistant professor of sociology at McGill University.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Its important findings raise a key developmental challenge that it was effective destruction of local 'traditional' patterns of governance that often proved decisive in escaping elite capture and triggering long-term sustainable economic growth. Naiveté therefore about optimistic expectations for empowering local patterns of governance may therefore not help pro-poor developemnt outcomes.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Policy & Current Events
- Books > History > Africa > Botswana
- Books > History > Africa > Sierra Leone
- Books > History > Americas > South America > Guyana
- Books > History > Asia > Mauritius
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Emigration & Immigration
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development