Lippincott's Q A Certification Review: Emergency Nursing Paperback – May 5 2004
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
This text would be particularily helpful to Emergency Nurses who are writing the American certification exam. Note, the copyright date is 2005 and questions related to TNCC & ACLS need to be updated to match current nursing practice. Lab values are in American measures and the drugs of choice are not always consistent with the medications familiar to my practice here in Canada.
Overall the book was a worthwhile purchase. I would recommend the text for those who develop 'tests' and to nurses who are looking for additional study material.
* Sheehy's Emergency Nursing Principles and Practice 5th edition was very helpful and I would highly recommend that text as a great resource for any emergency nurse. Even if you are not planning on writing the certification exam, it is a easy read and gets straight to the point.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Apparently the computer based review and testing program once ran, but Lippincott must have used some very non-standard programming procedures to create it because the most recent versions of both XP and Vista will not run it.
On XP, it installs, but it gets stuck in a loop - asking for a nonsensical number of questions to review. (If I put in 20, it says the number must be less than or equal to zero. If I put in 0, it says the number must be greater than zero.) It won't let me select anything else or test either.
On Vista, it would not install because tech support says I had to downgrade from Adobe Flash Player 10 to 9. Their instructions for doing that didn't work. Their second solution didn't work either. I googled around and found another way to downgrade (running the removal program with a "/clean" parameter), but then the CD-ROM still wouldn't install. Tech support was very nice, but they couldn't help me in one full afternoon. I don't have time for any more of this!
If you want a very good book, buy this. If you want an computer based review and testing system, look elsewhere.
My only complaint with the book is the format. Each question has the correct answer with the rationale right next to it on the same page, which makes it difficult to read the question, work through it in you head, and answer it without seeing the correct answer first, which made it hard for me to study. Even if the correct answer was below each question, that would be easier on my eyes than having to rush to cover half the page before reading each question...
All in all, I passed the test on the first try, which is as good a recommendation I can give any book. It did it's job!
I had some problems getting the program to upload, but the "Help" providers were very nice and knew instantly what was wrong. If you have Adobe Flash 10 Version, you have to uninstall it and install Version 9. I didn't mind that, however, I am annoyed by the constant pop up "Do You Want To Install Adobe Version 10?" that I am getting. I had to warn everyone in my family to click "No" so I wouldn't have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling version 9 when I wanted to work on the program. So this really needs to be fixed.
Lippincott has always done an excellent job preparing nurse's for exams and this workbook is no exception. Strongly recommend to anyone preparing to take the CEN.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Emergency Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Emergency
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Test Preparation & Review
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Emergency
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Test Preparation & Review
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Emergency Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Emergency Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Emergency
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Test Preparation & Review