The Lives of Sumerian Sculpture: An Archaeology of the Early Dynastic Temple Hardcover – Oct 8 2012
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Well written, with copious footnotes and bibliography, this is an interesting art, historical, and anthropological approach to Sumerian sculpture."
E. H. Cline, Choice
"Evans' study of Sumerian statues in the Early Dynastic Period gives new arguments and ideas on a long interpretation of material, with a very interesting new perspective that is based on the importance of the archaeological contexts where statues have been recovered and, possibly, lived."
Davide Nadali, Bibliotheca Orientalis
This book examines both the early modern reception and the ancient context of the temple sculptures created during the Early Dynastic period (2900-2350 BC) of Sumer. Chronicling the intellectual history of ancient Near Eastern art history and archaeology at the intersection of sculpture and aesthetics, this book also engages with the archaeology of the Early Dynastic temple to consider the meaning and function of these sculptures.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Middle Eastern
- Books > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Ancient & Classical
- Books > Arts & Photography > Sculpture
- Books > History > Ancient > Assyria, Babylonia & Sumer
- Books > History > Middle East > Iraq
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Archaeology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Art History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Ancient
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Sculpture
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Archaeology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology