Lonely Planet Brazilian Portuguese Phrasebook 4th Ed.: 4th Edition Paperback – Jan 11 2008
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
National Geographic Traveler, September 2006 'Lonely Planet Phrasebooks. Portable, pocket-size, cheap, and available for almost any country you might want to visit...'
About the Author
LONELY PLANET has sold over five million phrasebooks, covering 120 languages.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1) It is small. It can easily fit into a pant pocket. This was kind of why I didn't take it too seriously at first... ''how can such a small book be worth while?'' Well, it is. It is packed with very relevant information. The core essentials to get you up and running. And perhaps the most important benefit of being so small is that I bring it with me everywhere, which means I've been studying from it more often.
2) It breaks basic concepts about Portuguese that will help you learn the language much faster than I did.
3) The dictionary in the back is more than sufficient.
Not only do I recommend this book, I urge you to bring it with you to Brasil and use it.
Good luck with you travels!
The book is full of spelling mistakes - WRONG: My copy, 3rd edition, October 2003, isn't. There are some, but not many.
You can't use this book in a Portuguese-speaking country other than Brazil - WRONG: This book is written in an educated Portuguese you can use in Portugal, Portuguese-speaking Africa, Timor, Macao, anywhere where Portuguese is spoken. You just have to adapt a few words, like 'trem' to 'comboio', as it tells you in the book.
Indeed, although with a few printing problems, this is an excellent phrasebook, for the discerning traveler. It's comprehensive, with practically everything a visitor may need, and has two useful vocabulary lists, a 'culinary reader' (glossary of food terms as you will find in menu cards, etc) and a two-way English-(Brazilian)Portuguese 'dictionary' that will serve you well in any Portuguese-speaking place.
LET'S BE FAIR TO THE AUTHOR, THE PUBLISHERS ... AND THE LANGUAGE!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Portuguese
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Portuguese
- Books > Travel > Guidebook Series > Lonely Planet
- Books > Travel > Latin America > South America > Brazil
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks