The Long Term Care Nursing Assistant (3rd Edition) Paperback – Jul 9 2004
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
In addressing the concerns and circumstances of the nursing assistant, this new book adheres to a theme of restorative care with special emphasis on helping residents maintain and regain independence. It promotes respect for the individuality of each resident and the well-being of the whole person. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The Long-Term Care Nursing Assistant, 3rd edition is a current, true-to-life resource for today's nursing assistant and patient care assistant students and professionals that reflects the changes in both the health care delivery system and in the role of nursing assistants. This resource provides practical guidelines focused on the restorative approach and the importance of effective communication and places a strong emphasis on cultural awareness and age-specific nursing to meet the needs of a diverse population. New to this edition is a chapter on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders; new information on bioterrorism and workplace violence; new procedures added throughout; and over 70 new guidelines for patient care. Nursing Assistants and Patient Care Assistants - for students just learning as well as a resource for practicing professionals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Hospice Care
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Hospice Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Assistants & Aides
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Long-Term Care
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Assistants & Aides
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Hospice Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Hospice & Palliative Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Home & Community Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General