Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Volume Two
|List Price:||CDN$ 62.40|
|Price:||CDN$ 38.53 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 23.87 (38%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Vol. 2 (DVD) (FS)
Brash, fast-paced, and hysterically funny, the Warner Brothers cartoons rank among the undisputed treasures of American animation and American comedy. This second collection, a follow-up to Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, includes such gems as "Porky in Wackyland," "A Bear for Punishment," "Gee Whiz-z-z," The Great Piggy Bank Robbery," and "I Love to Singa." A short documentary about director Bob Clampett features several cartoon historians, animator Eric Goldberg, Shawshank Redemption director Frank Darabont, and Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi (enthusiastic but over the top). But Warners continues its scattergun approach to selecting films. There are only eight cartoons by Clampett in the set, plus three by Tex Avery and one by Frank Tashlin. "Rabbit Fire" and "Rabbit Seasoning" appear on the first set, but the third cartoon in Jones's trilogy, "Duck! Rabbit! Duck!" isn't on either. More than two-thirds of the films are by Friz Freleng and Chuck Jones. That's not necessarily a bad thing. "Show Biz Bugs," "Bugs Bunny Rides Again," and the Oscar-winning "Tweety Pie" showcase Freleng's razor-sharp timing. "What's Opera, Doc," "The Dover Boys," and the justly celebrated "One Froggy Evening" rank among Jones's boldest experiments and most brilliant successes.
Volume Two includes some genuine rarities, among them, "Sinkin' in the Bathtub" (1930), the first Looney Tune, and the Oscar-winning documentary "So Much for So Little." With 60-plus cartoons, transferred from good prints Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Volume 2 is a collection to treasure. (Rated G, suitable for all ages: cartoon violence) --Charles Solomon
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This time, WB, included 60 animated shorts and tons of extras. Some of the favorites include: One Froggy Evening, What's Opera, Doc?, The Dover Boys, Bear for Punishment, Corny Concerto and much, much more. The 4 disc set is divided into one disc for Bugs Bunny, 2nd disc for Road Runner/Coyote and Duffy Duck/Porky Pig shorts, 3rd disc is comprised of Tweety/Sylvester and more Duffy Duck/Porky Pig and lastly the 4th disc is called All Stars. This fourth disc was my favorite since it included some of the mentioned shorts like One Froggy Evening and What's Opera, Doc? along with Three Little Bops and my new favorite I Love to Singa.
The presentation is excellent for all of the shorts as WB remastered them for this DVD release. Some of the extras include audio commentary, music only tracks, voice only tracks and short documentaries called "Behind the Tunes". There are much more extras included in this set.
Some people will be dissapointed in this set does not contain shorts with Marvin, Taz, Speedy, Foghorn Leghorn and Pepe Leppew. My guess is that these shorts will be coming in future volumes.
Please release more volumes of the Golden Collection WB.
Two great disks with Tweety, Sylvester, Wile E. Coyote ad the road runner.
Most recent customer reviews
Je suis contente de l'avoir reçu. En l'espace de deux jours. C'est fantastique. MerciPublished 11 months ago by Stacey
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Animation > Looney Tunes > All
- Movies & TV > Animation > Looney Tunes > Golden Collection
- Movies & TV > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Classics > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Classics > Drama
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Classics > Westerns
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Classic Comedies
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Drama > Classics
- Movies & TV > Drama > Love & Romance
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 3-6 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > 7-9 Years > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Drama
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > DTS
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Sports > Documentary
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Westerns
- Movies & TV > Westerns > Classics
- Movies & TV > Westerns > Romance