- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Conari Press; Reprint edition (Sept. 15 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1573245054
- ISBN-13: 978-1573245050
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 14 x 21 cm
- Shipping Weight: 340 g
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #23,570 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism Paperback – Sep 15 2011
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"An absorbing examination of why humans feel affection and compassion for certain animals but are callous to the suffering of others." --Publishers Weekly
"I think Gandhi would have loved Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows. For this is a book that can change the way you think and change the way you live. It will lead you from denial to awareness, from passivity to action, and from resignation to hope." --John Robbins, author of Diet for a New America and The Food Revolution
"An altogether remarkable book that could transform the way society feels about eating animals." --Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, author of The Face on Your Plate
"A thoughtful book full of substance and style. It should be required reading for anyone interested in what we eat and why." --Kathy Freston, author of the New York Times bestselling Veganist and Quantum Wellness
About the Author
Melanie Joy, Ph.D. is a social psychologist and professor of psychology and sociology at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. She is the author of the activist handbook, Strategic Action for Animals: Handbook on Strategic Movement Building, Organizing, and Activism for Animal Liberation. Website: melaniejoy.org and carnism.com
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book and the Youtube video changed my life. Became Vegan and never looked back.
I just honored what I already new intuitively. Melanie Joy gave the Intellectual muscle to go for it.
Worth every penny.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Agriculture
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Nutrition
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animal Rights
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Animal Rights