Compare Offers on Amazon
Love Me Back
|Price:||CDN$ 11.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. La Di Da Di|
|2. Impeach The President|
|3. Affirmative Action|
|4. Be Happy|
|5. Jump To It|
|6. Take It Or Leave It|
|8. Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)|
|9. 10 Seconds|
|10. Good Enough|
|11. Don't Make Me Wait|
|12. Love You Long Time|
|14. Excuse Me|
|15. U Get On My Nerves|
|18. Luv Back|
2010 sophomore album from the seven-time Grammy nominated singer/songwriter. Producers on the album include Ne-Yo, Los da Mystro, Ryan Leslie, Lamb, Missy Elliott and Salaam Remi. Jazmine's first album, Fearless, was certified gold and debuted at #2 on the Billboard R&B Albums Chart. Jazmine has won a BET Centric Award and has been nominated for 11 additional industry awards.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles) "It has that: `You got me under your spell' vibe. This is the first single and it is a song that makes you want to dance like you've never danced before; this song samples from Mary J. Blige's song `Be Happy.'"
2. 10 Seconds "The 2nd Single and it is a blazing track that depicts the climax of problems within a relationship. This song also has a beat sample from Mary J. Blige's song: `I'm Goin' Down.'"
3. Good Enough "If you don't want me, someone else will! Jazmine sets an ultimatum for her lover in this song: `If I'm not good enough for you, hit the door and I will be good for someone else.'"
4. Don't Make Me Wait "Funky, upbeat song that has a Vanity 6 vibe."
5. Love You Long Time "This song makes you bounce when you hear it. It's an upbeat song about the opportunity to love, love for a long time."
6. Redemption "This is the dramatic song on the album, it reminds me of `Call Me Guilty' from the 'Fearless' album."
7. Excuse Me "A ballad about self-expression."
8. U Get On My Nerves Duet With Ne-Yo "A hot duo about a relationship that is beyond over."
9. Stuttering "This is a song about a nervous crush."
10. Famous "The pros and cons of becoming Famous! Sang it Jazmine!"
11. Luv Back "This is the Reggae joint on the CD, once you lose love it is hard to get it back."
Overall, the album receives an A+. Jazmine get your gown ready for the Grammy's because you and your extremely talented label mates, and might I add: FELLOW GRAMMY NOMINEES, Fantasia and Monica will be in the house along with you anxiously waiting to hear the results. You all deserve to win! Real R&B hit hard in 2010 and the world better stand up and recognize. In my opinion, you're a winner already by just being nominated, that's an honor. Keep making real music Jazmine, keep reaching our hearts, and we will never have a problem to `Love You Back' because you show this love to us by giving us the gift of music.
On her debut album, Sullivan made sure that people knew she could sing anything, and makes sure to work with top name producers who can let her voice and emotion soar through the song. This second time around, she keeps it simple, doing everything exactly the same. But this time, she sounds better, and makes a well made album.
Starting with the Missy Elliott produced "Holding you Down (Goin in Circles)" and Salaam Remi's "10 Seconds", Jazmine sings about the same thing she has been singing about: love lost and betrayal. But it doesn't get old. Both of these producers, who have worked with her before, know the best of Jazmine and bring it out in both these singles. Jazmine sounds amazing in both, and they are the best songs on the album.
The album containes contemporary R&B songs, but also the funky "Don't Make Me Wait" and the reggae-tinged "Luv Me Back". Every song has beautiful melodies, and excellent writing, and can be listened to completely.
The only song I believe doesn't fit in the album is "Redemption". It is a song that describes drug addiction, domestic abuse, and weapon violence. It is a well written song, and inspirational in a way, but it does not fit in the album, with its theme and music as well.
Overall, the album is amazing, and newcomers and fans alike will find something to love on every track. The music is excellent, Jazmine's voice is beautiful, and the lyrics can resonate every emotion possible, making this the best R&B album of the season.