Lucky Per: Translated from the Danish with an Afterword by Naomi Lebowitz Paperback – Oct 6 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Naomi Lebowitz is the Hortense and Tobias Lewin Professor Emerita in the Humanities at Washington University in St. Louis, where she regularly taught courses in world literature. Receiver of many awards, including a Guggenheim and AAUW fellowship, she is the author of books on Henry James, Søren Kierkegaard, Italo Svevo, and Henrik Ibsen, chapters on Michel de Montaigne, William James, George Santayana, Robert Frost, Wallace Stevens, Gustave Flaubert, Joseph Conrad, and E. M. Forster, and articles on Honoré de Balzac, Charles Dickens, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, André Gide, Martin Andersen Nexø, and Henrik Pontoppidan, among others. In 2007, she received the Leif and Inger Sjöberg Award from the American Scandinavian Foundation for her translation of chapter excerpts from Lucky Per, which the judges termed highly readable and long overdue.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A truly remarkable book
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Miscellaneous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European > German
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Literary Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European