MCSE 70-298 Exam Cram 2: Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network Paperback – May 18 2004
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Bill Ferguson (MCT, MCSE, MCP+I), a 15-year veteran of the IT industry, is an independent contractor who teaches classes for several national and regional training companies. He has co-authored two other best-selling Exam Cram 2 titles.
Ed Tittel, Series Editor of the Training Guide Series and the Exam Cram 2 Series, has contributed to more than 100 books on various aspects of computing, including more than 50 titles on IT certifications. He is a two-time finalist for CertCities' Favorite Study Guide Author award.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
You should *not* use this book if you passed 70-299 quite a while ago. Perhaps that is the situation that the other reviewers were in; I don't know. This book will not cover everything to the satisfaction of someone who's forgotten much of what they learned from 70-299 or who struggles with security. If security topics don't come easily for you, you're probably better off with a larger, more comprehensive book.
My recommendation: if you got a good book for 70-299, passed that exam very recently and feel comfortable with its topics and your knowledge of them, then this book will do the job of supplementing your knowledge with what's required to pass 70-298.
I used this book and this book only to pass my test. This said I have 7 years experience in DOD, HIPPA, PCI and general hands on security design and real life experience. The test is a "Case Study" exam it will ask you question that are conceptual design questions but are complicated by the fact that you must read and understand your customers needs.
If you are just beginning security ...Look other places and start reading a lot!
You will be better served looking elsewhere for resources for the 70-298 exam. Transcender is a good place to start.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > MCSE
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Microsoft
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Security & Encryption > Windows Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems