Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. Nowhere Fast|
|4. The Warmth|
|5. When It Comes|
|7. Make Yourself|
|10. Battlestar Scralatchtica|
|11. I Miss You|
|12. Pardon Me|
|13. Out From Under|
Japanese version featuring a bonus track: Crowded Elevator.
Young, aggro, and from Los Angeles--it's tempting to put Incubus in the already crowded category populated by Korn, System of a Down, and their other loud and heavy brethren. But that would sell Incubus short, because Make Yourself, the quintet's sophomore album, is a strong progression beyond their 1997 debut, S.C.I.E.N.C.E.. More like Faith No More than Limp Bizkit, Incubus still have that teen-mosh appeal, though the songwriting and instrumentation on Make Yourself is diverse and thoughtful, both lyrically and musically. "Drive" is an easygoing, slightly trippy acoustic-based outing, while oddball scratching (courtesy of DJ Chris Kilmore) and trip-hop funkiness make "Battlestar Scralatchtica" aptly titled. "Nowhere Fast" is vaguely 311-ish with a reggae tinge and lovely melodic interludes, in contrast to the furious intensity of "Out from Under," which gives Make Yourself a surprisingly cohesive diversity that's hard to categorize. Ultimately, singer Brandon Boyd is not a vocal genius, but lyrically and in performance, he's sensitive, charismatic, and unique. Ditto for the 13 cuts that make up Make Yourself. --Katherine Turman
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The only complaint I would have is that I wish it was just one disc so I wouldn't have to flip it so often.. but what can ya do.
1. Privilege (5/5) Could possibly be the best song on the record. This is what im MAD about, tho. Why couldnt this be released as the 1st single?? It sounds like it shouldve. Silly Epic! This wouldve easily got to #1 on any rock chart if it was released!!!! Ah, sorry.
2. Nowhere Fast (5/5) Neat. Brandon is good on it, and, good beat. Pretty soft and hard.
3. Consequence (4/5) A pretty good hard rock ballad. Its half of a ballad, anyway.
4. The Warmth (5/5) OMG!! Listen to Brandon on this! Hes AMAZING! Great ballad!!!
5. When It Comes (4/5) OK.
6. Stellar (5/5) 2nd single. I luv this! A classic. It did well at TRL in 2000.
7. Make Yourself (5/5) OMG!!! Brandon screams! He sounds tight when he does it! He screams bloddy murder! Sometimes on it, anyway. Their is quite some cussing on it, tho.
8. Drive (5/5) Obviously a classic, and, 3rd single. Pretty overplayed, but, it never got that old. Too bad they barley play it anymore, tho. Ill always remember this by heart, tho, even till the day I die!
9. Clean (4/5) Very decent. Not 1 of my favs, tho.
10. Battlestar Scralatchitca (Instrumental) (5/5) Amazing instrumental! Ahh, funky, and, you can relax to it often. There is one weird voice in it, tho.
11. I Miss You (5/5) Cool! Very sad, and, youll love it at first listen. Pretty short, tho.
12. Pardon Me (5/5) 1st single. Classic.Read more ›
1 Privilege (B+) A good song with a nice guitar riff and a strong chorus, talking about taking advantage of life.
2 Nowhere Fast (B-) Okay, but not as good as Privilege. Not one of my favorite songs.
3 Consequence (B-) Kind of catchy lyrics. Not very long song.
4 The Warmth (A+)I'm surprised that this song was not on the radio. It has a cool guitar solo in the middle and a nice chorus.
5 When It Comes (B) Once again, kind of a mediocre song, but better than Nowhere Fast.
6 Stellar (B-) A radio hit, but not one of my personal favorites.
7 Make Yourself (B+) Starts out acousticly but develops into a heavy song with a great chorus. Very profane, though, in the verse and bridge.
8 Drive (A) An acoustic song with a classic chorus and a great bridge.
9 Clean (A) I love the electric guitar that slowly gets heavier and heavier with a great chorus and a soft verse.
10 Battlestar Scralatchtica (B) Thats a mouthful to say right there and an okay instrumental with those guys showing their DJing skills.
11 I Miss You (B-)Kind of a soft song and a little boring.
12 Pardon Me (A) I love this song with its hardhitting chorus.
13 Out From Under (A+) I have no idea why i like this song so much but i do. It talks about escaping from control of your life by others.
I would definitely recommend this CD to fans of hard rock who are looking for creativity.
Most recent customer reviews
This Cd I think is Incubus at there best. "Stellar, Make Yorself, and Pardon Me" are awesome songs. The softer "The Warmth" is a song in itself. Read morePublished on Sept. 28 2004 by Mike Crescenz
My first taste of Incubus was Morning View. Even though I was not an Incubus fan at the time of listening I didn't think it was anything special. Read morePublished on July 1 2004 by soap
2:Nowhere fast 3/5
4:the warmth 5/5
5:When it comes 4/5
7:Make yourself 4/5
8:Drive 5/5... Read more
This is the best Incubus CD there is out there. And it's such a relief to listen to it after I heard that nightmare, A Crow Left Of The Murder. Read morePublished on May 25 2004 by Jeremy Webber
Incubus' best album so far, Make Yourself, provides quality Incubus at their best sound, as it is one of the best rock albums ever made, and Incubus' most radio-friendly. Read morePublished on April 19 2004 by thejmyster
This is the 2nd incubus cd that i bought (the 1st being Morning View), and i must say, this cd is as good as or even better than the highly enjoyable "morning view". Read morePublished on March 25 2004 by Kanak
This album is Incubus' first attempt to branch out from their earlier work, and they do it well. Don't let Pardon Me, Stellar, and Drive fool you (the 3 singles released from this... Read morePublished on March 23 2004 by Jeremy S.
Look for similar items by category
- Music > Alternative Rock > Alternative Styles > Alternative Metal
- Music > Alternative Rock > Alternative Styles > Rock
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Alternative Metal
- Music > Pop > Pop Rap
- Music > R&B > Funk > Metal
- Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > Pop Rap
- Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > Rap Rock
- Music > Rock > Funk Rock
- Music > Rock > Rap Rock