The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 Paperback – Aug 1 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
So future potential purchasers, here's the list of authors actually IN the book below.
Sherri Browning Erwin
Helen Scott Taylor
IMHO, Telep discarded most of the ones who write intelligent, thoughtful urban fantasy/sci-fi romance and filled with several schlocky Harlequin and many unknown writers ... I fear it's going to be as big a waste of my money as her Mammoth Book of Irish Romance (a horrid book).
1. "To Hell With Love" by Jackie Kessler (28 pages) ~ Connected to Kessler's 'Hell' series ~ When a gift intended for her traps her `twin' Jessie in a memory world, Caitlin will have to team up with her ex to save Jessie - one of the sexiest stories in the book (her series is after all about a succubus) and this series is not a favorite of mine, but I did like the ending. (ok)
2. "Princes of Dominion" by Ava Gray aka Ann Aguirre (24 pages) ~ An innocent angel is tempted by a beautiful woman into pleasures of the flesh. (ok)
3. "Spirit of the Prarie" by Shirley Damsgaard (40 pages) ~ A reporter looking to make her mark finds the story of a lifetime while covering the opening of a native American cultural center. (ok)
4. "The Demon's Secret" by Natalie Gray (35 pages) ~ Two soul collectors vie for the same prize - I just couldn't get into this one and skimmed it so I can't give it a fair rating.
5. "Marine Biology" by Gail Carriger (33 pages) ~ A werewolf who wasn't supposed to live finally decides to live ~ This was sort of humorous, but it does have the flirtatous start of a gay romance (kisses only). (pretty good)
6. "Zola's Pride" by Moira Rodgers(33 pages) ~ A Southern Arcana short ~ Lioness shifter Zola has made a new life for herself and her new strength is what is needed when a member of her old pride comes seeking her help. This was my favorite story, I really liked Zola a great deal and since there was a preexisting relationship between the leads the romance worked in the short space.(really liked it)
7. "In Dreams" by Elissa Wilds (18 pages) - A woman learns to astro-project and finds the lover of her dreams. (ok)
8. "The Gauntlet" by Karen Chance (49 pages)~ It has a tie to Chance's Cassandra Palmer/Dorina Basarab World and stars Kit Marlowe in the past ~ I enjoyed the story, which according to the foreword is a novella prequel to a new series. (liked it)
9. "The Getaway" by Sonia Bateman (39 pages) ~ A connected short from her Master of None Djinn series. ~ Jazz and the unlucky Donatti get lost on the way to a romantic getaway. The short gives a good feel for Bateman's likable loser-no-more lead Donatti. (liked it)
10. "Mr Sandman" by Sherri Browning Erwin (21 pages) - A woman's dream man becomes flesh - there's a mythlogical tie-in to this one. (pretty good)
11. "The Sin-Eater's Promise" by Michele Hauf (24 pages) ~ A soul gatherer hunts down the sin eater who is intercepting his souls and finds himself starting to care for the woman committed to doing wrong for the right reasons. (ok)
12. "Fragile Magic" by Sharon Ashwood aka Naomi Bellis (345 pages) - A standalone short set in Ashwood's 'Dark Forgotten world' ~ A half fae woman who has hidden away her less than stellar magical side must make a choice between the life she's built and a life she can save. An enjoyable little short with an appealing lead, a hunky werewolf and cute baby gargoyle. (liked it)
13. "NightDrake" by Lara Adrian (23 pages) - A futuristic - a mercenary woman unexpectedly moves beyond fear and finds her heart when transporting supernatural cargo. (pretty good)
14. "The Sons of Ra" by Helen Scott Taylor (33 pages) - Her search for information about a mysterious object brings a women to the notice of a group of unusual men - I found myself angry with the heroine for letting the man who was the cause of years of suffering back into her life - some major groveling was needed. (ok)
15. "Eve of Warfare" by S.J. Day aka Sylvia Day (44 pages) ~ This is the 'Marked' series finale that Day promised since she won't be continuing the series, bummer. ~ Eve again is the pawn which puts Alec Cain into play when it's time to hunt a heavenly vampire - The final book of the series left us wondering Alec Cain or Reed Able. This does wrap up the series, but I really wish this could have been a full length book. In this short Eve's genius doesn't really shine through but a loop hole does get her want she's always wanted, and I've liked the dilemma of choosing between the brothers and would have liked a bit more struggle with the decision. (pretty good)
16. "The Majestic" by Seressia Glass ~ A Shadowchasersconnected short (23 pages) - A supernatural creature who longs to leave tradition behind, decides to live as a human and complications ensue - it's got love on the wing which I like (ok)
17. "Answer the Wicked" by Kim Lenox ~ A Shadow Guard short (23 pages) - A woman attracts the attention of the target when a shadow guard attempts a reclaimation. (ok)
**** To Hell With Love - Jackie Kessler: Witches, warlocks, demons, and humans... add love and see the sparks fly!
**** Princes of Dominion - Ava Gray: Heavenly Hosts and humanly lust are sure to cause the world to change in unexpected ways.
***** Spirit of the Prairie - Shirley Damsgaard: a Native American half breed tries to save his people with a museum dedicated to them with the help of an ambitious news reporter... great love story, love of life, love of the People, and love of land. Look for more by this author!
**** The Demon's Secret - Nathalie Gray: very dark demonic battle over bits of human's souls. The ending makes the read worth it on this one!!
**** Marine Biology - Gail Carriger: A gay marine microbiologist werewolf & his pack, and a merman & merwoman tangle with a pair of slippery silkies. Original and fun story!
**** Zola's Pride - Moira Rogers: Lion shapeshifters, unfulfilled mates find that they need each other in ways that surprises them both.
**** In Dreams - Elissa Wilds: Astral travel introduces Anna, a widow & Aether, a mysterious stranger. Will they meet in real life?!
**** The Gauntlet - Karen Chance: A witch, her daughter, & a vampire rescuer fill this delightful tale of conflict & triumph.
*** The Getaway - Sonya Bateman: Jazz & Gavyn face an unexpected challenge when they journey to a secluded cabin to get away from it all. Magical fun.
*** Mr. Sandman - Sherri Browning Erwin: Eve finally has it all & then looses it. Escaping to her aunt's B&B, she meets the man of her dreams & must face a supernatural challenge to achieve her desired happiness.
**** The Sin-Eater's Promise - Michele Hauf: Nova, a sin-eater meets Blackthorn, a soul-bringer and sparks fly. Original story with a sweet love interest.
***** Fragile Magic - Sharon Ashwood: Selena, an art gallery employee who is half human, half fey adopts an injured baby gargoyle & meets a sexy werewolf veterinarian all in the same day... great story, sexy & sweet with a bit of female empowerment to enhance the tale.
**** Nightdrake - Lara Adrian: Nisha, a cold hearted courier meets her match when asked to transport live cargo. Original story.
**** The Sons of Ra - Helen Scott Taylor: Gods on Earth is only part of the fun. Tricia has to fight for her independence.
**** Eve of Warfare - S.J. Day: Angels aren't always what you expect in this original tale.
**** Majestic - Seressia Glass: The story of Rinna & Bale, on opposite sides of a feud not their own but forced on them by the past, strive to find a peace between them.
**** Answer the Wicked - Kim Lenox: Immortals face an evil from their past with surprising results.
Keep in mind that these are romantic fantasy reads. 4* of 5*