- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Man, Play, and Games Paperback – Aug 31 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Well worth the attention of every sociologist interested in the relationship of culture to play." -- American Sociological Review "A book to be read for ideas." -- American Journal of Sociology "An excellently conceived work." -- Social Forces
About the Author
Roger Caillois (1913-1978) was a French social theorist and writer. Claudine Frank is Assistant Professor of French at Barnard College.
Barash was on the faculty of Hofstra College in New York.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Sports & Outdoors