- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Manager's Guide to Compliance: Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, ERM, COBIT, IFRS, BASEL II, OMB's A-123, ASX 10, OECD Principles, Turnbull Guidance, Best Practices and Case Studies Hardcover – Apr 21 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Wide perspectives and best practices combined deliver a punch that will knock your 'SOX' off! The author has blended together a critical mix necessary for effectively handling the requirements of SOX."
—Rob Nance, Publisher, AccountingWEB, Inc.
"Robust compliance and corporate governance is an absolute necessity in today's business environment. This new book by Anthony Tarantino is an authoritative guide to understanding and implementing compliance and regulatory requirements in the United States and around the world. From SOX to COSO to ERM, this book covers them all."
—Martin T. Biegelman, Certified Fraud Examiner, Fellow and Regent Emeritus of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and coauthor of Executive Roadmap to Fraud Prevention and Internal Control: Creating a Culture of Compliance
"If compliance wasn't difficult enough, now companies are faced with a barrage of technology vendors claiming to automate compliance as if it were a project. In his new book, Dr. Tarantino paints the reality of the situation: companies need to embrace the broader tenets of governance and use technology to embed governance policies and controls into their daily business processes. Only then can they gain business value from their compliance investments."
—Chris Capdevila, CEO and cofounder, LogicalApps
From the Inside Flap
Scandals have always acted as an effective catalyst to force improved corporate governance and transparency. Worldwide scandals such as the Enron, WorldCom, Parmalat, and Ahold incidents exposed the lack of integrity in those entrusted with good corporate governance. Manager's Guide to Compliance: Best Practices and Case Studies is essential reading for professionals facing the growing challenge to improve internal controls in the information technology, operations, finance, and supply chain fields. This timely resource places critical compliance guidance as well as U.S. and global regulatory information at your fingertips.
Adding value beyond a reference, author Anthony Tarantino, a leading authority on the implementation of internal controls, shares best practices tools and offers real-world case studies to show managers how compliance can be achieved at maximum value to their organization. In addition, this handbook provides a high-level overview of the many compliance and governance initiatives underway throughout the world.
Whether companies or industries are based in the United States, the European Union, Russia, China, or other nations, investors demand a level playing field in comparing financial results. Manager's Guide to Compliance: Best Practices and Case Studies prepares professionals to "clean house" with detailed discussion of:
- U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Sections 401a, 404, 406, and 409 and the impact of SOX on small and foreign filers, privately held businesses, and nonprofits
- SOX-like legislation coming to Australia, Canada, and the U.K.
- Efforts to improve internal controls in the health, banking, and insurance industries
- The movement to create principles-based guidelines by the OECD
- A comparison of the global GAAP by the IFRS to U.S. SOX and U.S. GAAP
- The impact on outsourcing with discussion of¿the SAS 70 audit process
- Best practices in internal controls, accompanied by¿several case studies
- A cost versus benefits analysis
- Mapping COBIT to COSO I, COSO II, & the PCAOB
- Best practices in internal controlsEnterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- BASEL II
- The U.S. government's version of U.S. SOX: OMB Circular A-123
- Best practices in compliance and internal controls: ASX 10 Principles
A useful introductory handbook for internal and external auditors as well as for regulators, Manager's Guide to Compliance: Best Practices and Case Studies is the guide for current global compliance regulations to keep your company moving forward in challenging times.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'm using this book as a text in a graduate class. The professor and some other students have the paper version of the book and make reference to it by page numbers, which we Kindle users don't have. This is a problem. I would think that page numbers of some sort would be useful to all Kindle users, too. Granted that different editions of a book have different page numbers, but giving the page numbers for one edition would help us get close to particular text based on a page number. If my friend is reading a paper edition, we would find it hard to discuss something in a book with long chapters unless I have some sort of page numbers in my Kindle edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Auditing
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Law
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Auditing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management