Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Or Paperback – Apr 10 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Excellent in scope, approach and appeal. --Nevin Smith (11/02/2011)"
This book is so practical and easy to understand. I have used this book for 4 years. I have changed books in other courses, but this one has worked so well I have not changed. --Anne Swafford (11/02/2011)"
Based on over 34 years in the public sector, I find the text has presented the challenges in dealing with human behavior in a very valid and useful manner. --Larry Bustetter (11/02/2011)"
The single most impressive aspect of this book is its focus on organizational behavior within the public and nonprofit sectors. Most organizational textbooks focus on the private for profit sector with an occasional reference to the public sector. This textbook makes the subject more relevant to the public administration or nonprofit management student. --John J. Donohue (11/02/2011)"
I like the book s action science approach to the topic. I teach experientially. I link this to organization learning models. So this book is a perfect format for me. --Nancy Adams (11/02/2011)"
About the Author
Janet V. Denhardt is Professor of Public Administration in the School of Public Affairs at Arizona State University. Her teaching and research interests focus on organization theory, organizational behavior, and leadership. Her most recent book, The Dance of Leadership, was preceded by The New Public Service, Managing Human Behavior in Public and Non-Profit Organizations and Street-Level Leadership: Discretion and Legitimacy in Front-Line Public Service. Prior to joining the faculty at Arizona State, Dr. Denhardt taught at Eastern Washington University and served in a variety of administrative and consulting positions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Clearly covers the topics we discussed in class.
Clearly identifies what type of manager you will be,
very helpful and easy to understand.
Seriously very interesting....
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Organizational Behaviour
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Affairs