- For a limited time, receive a 15% discount, up to $5, on the first delivery of a new Subscribe and Save subscription using promotion code SUBSAVE at checkout. This exclusive offer must be redeemed by 11:00:00 PM (PT) on October 18, 2017. Enter code SUBSAVE at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Shelled Hemp Seed, 454 g
|Price:||CDN$ 11.99 (CDN$ 0.03 / grams) & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 1.60 (12%)|
- Great tasting - Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut
- Easy to use - Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal and yogurt, add to smoothies and recipes or eat them straight from the package
- Incredibly nutritious - per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of easy to digest plant-based protein and 10 grams of omegas
- Hemp Hearts contain more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of Chia or Flax
- Hemp Hearts are Non-GMO Project Verified
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and delivery is FREE. Learn More
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Hemp Hearts, the very best and most nutritious part of the hemp seed, the heart. By shelling the hemp seed, you get only the center, with its raw nutrition, rich nutty flavor and tender crunch. So easy to use, eat them straight out of the package or sprinkle on anything – salad, cereal or yogurt – the only limit is your imagination. Unlike some other seeds, there is no need to grind Hemp Hearts to get at the incredible nutrition. They are full of protein with 10 grams of complete (all the amino acids), plant-based protein per 30 gram (3 tablespoons) serving size. Hemp Hearts are also a great way to add omegas or EFAs (essential fatty acids) to your diet. According to the World Health Organization, the ideal ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 EFAs is 4:1 and the naturally occurring ratio in Hemp Hearts is 3.75:1. Hemp Hearts contain more protein and omegas and less carbs than a similar serving of Chia or Flax. Manitoba Harvest is the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make and sell our own line of hemp foods. Our producer partners deliver whole seed directly to our state-of-the-art, BRC (the highest level of food safety and quality certification in the world) certified facility. Here we remove the hard outer shell of the hemp seed, leaving just the soft, tasty Hemp Heart, which are tested for quality then sealed in a modified atmosphere, light impermeable package to lock in the freshness. All of our packaging includes the ‘packaged on’ and ‘best before’ dates to ensure you’re getting the highest quality product available. Hemp Hearts, as with all Manitoba Harvest products, is Non-GMO Project Verified.