- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mapping the World Hardcover – Nov 6 2014
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Beau Riffenburgh is an author and historian who has served as editor of Polar Record, the world’s oldest journal of polar research, and as the head of the Polar History Group at the Scott Polar Research Institute. He has written several books on exploration, including The Myth of the Explorer (Oxford Paperbacks) and Shackleton’s Forgotten Expedition: The Voyage of the Nimrod (Bloomsbury). For André Deutsch he wrote the Royal Geographical Society Exploration Experience (2007), The Titanic Experience (2008), and the Royal Geographical Society Polar Exploration Experience. A native Californian, he now lives in Wales.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Cartography
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Cartography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology