- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Maps for Family and Local History: The Records of the Tithe, Valuation Office, and National Farm Surveys of England and Wales, 1836-1943 Paperback – Apr 1 2004
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Maps for Family and Local History shows how three great land surveys can provide information on ancestral homes, as well as fascinating historical snapshots of specific areas. Covering 1836 to 1943, the Tithe, Valuation Office, and National Farm Surveys provide a wealth of information on rural and urban localities, on dwellings, settlements, and landscapes as well as the status of householders. The text gives the rationale behind the surveys and covers each in detail. Fully updated by map experts from The National Archives, this illustrated guide is the perfect companion to researching those maps.
About the Author
William Foot worked as a Reader Adviser for a number of years at The National Archives (then the Public Record Office). This edition is revised by Geraldine Beech and Rose Mitchell, who have many years of experience in advising the public on maps and related records at The National Archives.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy > Online Research
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Research
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Scotland
- Books > History > Europe > Wales
- Books > Travel > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Travel > Europe > Great Britain > Wales