Marihuana, the Forbidden Medicine: Revised and Expanded Edition Paperback – Aug 25 1997
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
Grinspoon and Bakalar have compiled testimonials on the medicinal uses of marihuana for a variety of medical problems, including glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and the nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy. These accounts dramatically illustrate marihuana's potential to alleviate suffering when traditionally prescribed medications have proved ineffective, but they also illustrate the great stress placed on these individuals and their families by using an illegal substance. Many people don't know how to obtain marihuana, can't afford it, and are fearful and resentful of being considered criminal for using it. The authors discuss social attitudes towards marihuana and the reasons why the drug was outlawed. They argue that making marihuana available on a prescription basis is unworkable and that its legalization is necessary to make it available to those who need it. Recommended for public and academic libraries.
- Kathleen McQuiston, Philadelphia Coll. of Pharmacy and Science
Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Grinspoon, of Harvard Medical School, is an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard.
Bakalar is a lecturer in law in the department of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Probing, illuminating, inspired insights from a qualified researcher and intellectual pioneer. A seminal cannabis tome to invigorate your library!Published on April 21 2003 by Brian Wallace (Co-author of It's Not Your Hair)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Reference
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Recovery > Drug Dependency
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Forensic Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Forensic Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Forensic Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Reference