- Platform: Xbox 360
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition - Xbox 360
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) 'Manditory' multiplayer - although Bioware promised that it would be an optional component to ME3, it is extremely difficult to build up enough strength for a successful final battle without playing through the online multiplayer. For players that prefer the single RPG format of the previous games, this is a disappointment.
2) Bugs - ME3 is an EA product through and through, plenty of gloss, but no real polish. In many areas of the game, hangs, crashes, and graphical bugs are a distraction. It's a good thing the game autosaves so frequently, since it has a habit of locking up during load screens.
3) Clunky rendering in many cutscenes - normally a cutscene is where a developer can carefully hone graphical performance to ensure the best possible experience for the viewer. However, in many cutscenes, the rendering is jerky, suffers from interpolating artifacts, or poor lighting models.
4) Galaxy at War system - in many ways, the inclusion of online play hampers solo play; waiting for the game to communicate with EA servers before accessing the War Room or the main menu is a real pain. Since the multiplayer score is referenced repeatedly in the single-player mode, performance suffers.
5) The Ending - without spoiling the content of the ending, it would be fair to say that most players have disliked it. In addition to being nonsensical and out of character, the three endings have identical cutscenes with nearly identical outcomes. Despite promising to give players a chance to sculpt the ending to this saga, ME3 pigeonholes players into 3 slight variations on a single theme.
Mass Effect has been a successful franchise up to this point mostly due to the compelling story and immersive gameplay style. However, in ME3 EA and Bioware squander their gains by producing a game that looks good but ultimately fails to deliver on its promises.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews