- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Master the LSAT Paperback – Apr 1 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
You no longer need to worry whether the problems you are studying are like those on the LSAT. Now, you can study actual LSAT problems! MASTER THE LSAT contains detailed solutions to numerous actual LSAT questions, carefully selected to illustrate every type of question that has appeared on the test in the past several years, including a thorough analysis of a complete LSAT.
The LSAT is an aptitude test. Like all aptitude tests, it must choose a medium in which to measure intellectual ability. The LSAT has chosen logic. Although this makes the LSAT hard, it also makes the test predictable--it is based on fundamental principles of logic. MASTER THE LSAT analyzes and codifies these basic principles: the contrapositive, the if-then, pivotal words, etc. Armed with this knowledge, you will have the ability to greatly increase your score.
* Analytical Reasoning: Learn powerful diagramming techniques and step-by-step strategies to solve every type of game question that has appeared on the LSAT.
* Logical Reasoning: Discover the underlying simplicity of these problems and learn the principles of logic these questions are based on.
* Reading Comprehension: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage (pivotal words, counter-premises, etc.).
Also includes test prep software! -- Publisher Comments --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book did a great job of pointing out some of the common mistakes that LSAT takers make as well as giving you tips and tricks for every section on the LSAT.
I've read that other books do a better job preparing you for the Games section but I found this book easy to follow and in depth in that respect. All of the game types are covered. Let me issue this warning to potential LSAT takers...ignore game types at your own risk, they are all subtley different with their own intricacies. I skipped one of the game types in the book and guess what showed up on the LSAT!
Instead, I found that working on practice exams one after another the most effective method. In retrospect, the book wasn't a help to me.
Then, after I finished the the book I decided to run the CD on my Mac to try more practice exercises, and the CD only works with Mac Classic! Mac OS 10 has been around for over ten years. Current versions of Mac OS don't support the Classic environment anymore. Get with the program, Nova!!!! How can they even be allowed to sell something that 99% of Mac owners aren't able to use?
So I decided to try the online website that the book promotes. Every single question on the website is directly from the book. How does that help me? I already did all the questions from the book. You lose, Nova.
1. Fair introduction to logic, good explanation of logical fallacies that can be found in Logic Reasoning questions.
2. Some decent practice problems, but many of them are made up by Jeff Kolby and don't represent actual LSAT questions (because they're not).
1. The Games Section explanation is, in my opinion, uneffective. Its desultory effort to communicate methods to take on the games falls short--so short that I would skip this section of the book altogether and buy PowerScore's "Logic Games Bible."
2. As mentioned above, many questions are made up by Kolby, and therefore are not an efficient use of your LSAT preparation time. ONLY use real LSAT questions to prepare for test day. Would you let someone make up directions for a long roadtrip and use them, or would you rather have the real thing?
The bottom line: If you can get a used copy of this book off amazon or half.com for around $10, then I'd buy it, otherwise buy PowerScore's Logic Games Bible and Logical Reasoning Bible (PowerScore.com); practice with LSAC's "10 Actual" "10 more Actual" "Next 10 Actual." Don't forget to breath.
Also, they take questions from LSAT PrepTests, which means that if you use this book before taking any real PrepTests, you won't be able to take a lot of those tests under "actual conditions," because you will recognize specific material, therefore falsely affecting your score and your timing. Sure, practicing on "real" material is great, and if you don't plan on taking any PrepTests, seeing the material in this way is fine. However, taking a lot of real LSAT PrepTests is ESSENTIAL to any good course of LSAT preparation, and by using this book, you are seriously hurting your ability to do so.
The book avoids a 1-star rating because it does include an actual PrepTest, and some of its strategies are sound.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
good introduction to basic concepts, but there are also some huge glaring errors. surprised there aren't more reviews pointing out the gravity of what this editing failure means... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Jen
This book is probably all you really need to "study" from... but make sure you do a lot of practice tests under TIMED conditions. Read morePublished on July 3 2004
This was and still is a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT. The CD didn't work, the questions do not at all reflect the real type of LSAT questions, and the publisher refused to refund my... Read morePublished on July 1 2004 by nora
You should definitely include this book within your preparation studies. I would have to say that much of the contents inside of this book is laregly responsible for the increase... Read morePublished on Feb. 23 2004 by LSAT Master
I honestly bought this book thinking it would be a good book to study by. I read the reviews and was convinced that they were correct. Read morePublished on Feb. 13 2004 by Amazon Customer
Unlike prep books that push *their* strategies and methods on you, this book does a good job of giving a general feel of how you should look at the problems and tips on solving... Read morePublished on Feb. 3 2004 by Rex
Master the LSAT is unique among LSAT books in that all of the explanations offer practical, efficient approaches to the problems. Read morePublished on Feb. 3 2004 by David Y
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > College & University > College Entrance
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > Graduate & Professional > LSAT
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007
- Books > Teens > Reference > College & University Bound > Test Guides > College Entrance
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides