From the Back Cover
The Essential Guide to the Industry Leading Virtualization Solution
Mastering VMware vSphere 6 is the fully updated edition of the bestselling guide to VMware's vSphere virtualization software. With comprehensive coverage of this industry-leading toolset, this book acts as an informative guide and valuable reference. Step-by-step instruction walks you through installation, configuration, operation, security processes, and much more as you conquer the management and automation of your virtual environment.
Written by certified VMware vExperts, this indispensable guide provides hands-on instruction and detailed conceptual explanations, anchored by practical applications and real-world examples. You'll learn everything you need to know to get the most out of vSphere 6.
- Planning, installing, and navigating vCenter Server™ components
- Creating and configuring virtual networks, virtual machines, and storage devices
- Ensuring high availability and business continuity by eliminating downtime for planned maintenance
- Creating and managing reliable, agile virtual machines
- Managing resource allocation with data center-wide network aggregation
- Balancing utilization automatically or using defined priority access
- Monitoring VMWare vSphere performance and availability with centralized management
- Automating and orchestrating routine administrative tasks, updates, and patches
Install, Configure, and Manage Virtualization Toolsets
Leverage Support Tools to Provide Maintenance and Updates
Implement New Features to Ensure Compatibility and Flexibility
Manage Resource Allocation and Utilization to Meet Application Needs
Secure the Network and Monitor Performance
About the Author
Nick Marshall is an Integration Architect at VMware, where he helps build products including vSphere, vRealize Operations Manager, and vRealize Automation Center. He has over 14 years of IT experience and holds multiple advanced IT certifications. Nick helps run the vBrownBag podcast, blogs at nickmarshall.com.au, and runs a site dedicated to home labs at www.labguides.com. He can be found on Twitter @nickmarshall9.