Mastering XHTML Hardcover – Dec 18 2001
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a well laid-out book with clear and careful explanations and a limited n umber of screenshots. On the downside, those who have existing Web skills may find the pace too slow. It is a book that covers core topics in depth, rather than attempting the whole range of web authoring topics. The authors focus entirely on XHTML code, rather than on tools such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver, making this an excellent companion to books that cover specific products. --Tim Anderson --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Base Your Next Website on XHTML
Newly expanded with 10 chapters of bonus coverage, Mastering XHTML Premium Edition is a complete guide to the mark-up language that is leading the world of web development. This book ensures you won't be left behind, teaching you step by step how to convert existing HTML sites to XHTML and how to build sites from scratch using new specs. It’s a great way to hone your current skills and acquire new ones.
- The basics of XHTML
- XHTML structure and form
- Accommodating different browsers
- Linking XHTML documents
- Placing images
- Controlling layout with tables and frames
- Converting HTML to XHTML
- Saving time and effort with Cascading Style Sheets
- Using data-collection forms
- Adding multimedia effects to your web pages
- Developing a coherent website
- The XHTML document life cycle
- Publishing your XHTML documents
- Validating your XHTML
- Generating XHTML from a database
- Understanding the relationship between XHTML and XML
- Choosing a development tool
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It is definately for beginners, though. So if you're formally trained or already at the O'Reilly Definitive Guide level, you will be horribly bored. If, however, you are like I was and are looking for something to build a sturdy foundation about XHTML, you will be pleased. This is also a good book for transitioning from HTML to XHTML.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > XHTML
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages