- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Maturing Usability: Quality in Software, Interaction and Value Hardcover – Oct 15 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This is a significant volume by numerous authors, all of whom are leaders in the usability community. … The steps taken by practitioners and academics to evolve the discipline to its current state are treated as well. … I highly recommend this book to all who have an interest in software usability. … could be used in a graduate course on usability theory, history, and ‘where is it going.’" (C. A. Wolfe, ACM Computing Reviews, November, 2008)
From the Back Cover
"Maturing Usability" provides an understanding of how current research and practice has contributed towards improving quality from the perspectives of software features, interaction experiences and achieved value.
Divided into three parts, ‘Quality in Software’ looks at how using development tools can enhance usability of a system, and how methods and models can be integrated into the development process to produce effective user interfaces. ‘Quality in Interaction’ addresses theoretical frameworks on the nature of interactions; techniques and metrics for evaluation interaction quality; and the transfer of concepts and methods from research to practice. Finally, ‘Quality in Value’ assesses the impact that a system has in the real world, focusing on increasing the value of usability practice for software development and on increasing value for the users.
A balance between theoretical and empirical approaches is maintained throughout, and all those interested in exploring usability and emerging usage qualities in human-computer interaction will find this a very useful book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Website Architecture & Usability