- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Meet Martin Luther King, Jr. Paperback – Jan 2 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
104 pages, Biography
Meet Martin Luther King, was a very interesting book. I know that this book has been used by the Princeton Review to help teach nonreaders to read. While the topic is great and the effort is even better, I feel that this may not be the best book for such an important activity. The book is clearly stated as being for a fourth grade audience; however the sentence structure is more along the line of a pre-school level. The use of punctuation is horrible and just flat out wrong. I don't know if a comma was used in the entire book. I just know that if I had a fourth grade son or daughter, or a high school senior for that matter, I would prefer they learn sentence structure and language a bit better than this book portrays.
As previously mentioned the ideas portrayed in this book are wonderful. The struggles that were going on at the time are exemplified through the great efforts of Martin Luther's life long battles to help eliminate discrimination. The portrayal of the life of Dr. King, while shown through a fine lined pen, is very useful in illustrating the major points of his life. I feel the purpose of the book is met, and the story is told. Also, the fact that the book is readable to a fourth grader is helpful in teaching the nonreaders of our country.
Depending on your purpose as a reader this may or may not be the book for you. It is a one sided illustration of the life and a poor level of writing at the same time. I would hope that there are better and more complete illustrations of Martin Luther King Juniors' life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( K ) > King, Martin Luther
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( L ) > Luther, Martin
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Historical
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Mulitcultural
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Religious
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Social Activists
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12