Melanie & Tommy Have Two Pet Rats and One Syndrome Paperback – Jun 30 2010
See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
By Laurel - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
This book is funny, sweet and informative and can be enjoyed by all ages. Its beautiful full-page pictures and simple sentences are a window into both the real days and imaginative playtimes of these siblings. They show how kids with Cornelia de Lange are both the same as other kids and yet different and the love between siblings. At the end it describes what to do when you see someone different - smile instead of stare. It also has a description of the syndrome, first in simple terms and on the last page with more medical information for the older reader. My seven year old daughter also has CdLS syndrome and it has been a great book on two levels. First, my daughter LOVES this book because it has lots of the action words that she loves: "Watch out! Boom! Crash! Ouch!" and second, it's great to show friends and family. This book is a great way to help young kids (and adults) understand children with developmental delay.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Special Needs Children
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs