Mer De Noms Explicit Lyrics
|Price:||CDN$ 15.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. The Hollow|
|6. 3 Libras|
|7. Sleeping Beauty|
|10. Thinking Of You|
Double vinyl LP repressing of this 2000 album from the Alternative rockers led by Tool vocalist Maynard James Keenan. Capitol. 2008.
Somewhere inside every alternative metal band lurks a platinum-selling stadium rock act looking for a way out; Perfect Circle appear intended to be Tool front man Maynard James Keenan's ticket to the big time. While Tool's uncompromising take on industrial goth metal have taken them so far, Keenan clearly dreams of bigger things: there are moments on Mer De Noms, notably "Rose", that are in meaningful danger of being confused with Jethro Tull and others, which call to mind the most wretched excesses of Whitesnake. Though there are plenty of worse metal albums out there, it is hard to imagine what conceivable use Mer De Noms will serve. --Andrew Mueller
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Hollow - Builds up both quickly and slowly... the climax of the song is amazing.
2. Magdalena - Dark and sexual sounding, with a hint of desperation.
3. Rose - Angry and powerful, with some of the most amazing lyrics I've ever heard- Maynard's singing of them is perfect.
4. Judith - People argue this is the hardest song on the album, but I disagree- it's the best Toolesque song, and therefore made a great single. Don't think I dislike the song, it's one of my favorites, and it's cynical sound is raw.
5. Orestes - ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. That is all.
6. 3 Libras - It's like a typical unrequited love ballad, but more mature and understanding. The violins in this song is great- this used to be one of my favorites, but I listened to it way too much. Don't do that and nearly ruin this song. :)
7. Sleeping Beauty - One of the most lacking songs, but this album is so good that... well, lacking for Mer De Noms is like a really amazing song. The music fits the lyrics wonderfully.
8. Thomas - I think this is the hardest song- it's deep and... textured. No other way to describe it. The beginning is almost frightening.
9. Renholder - I wish it wasn't so short. A very tribal, heavy and magical sounding tract with hard to understand lyrics.
10.Read more ›
*1. The Hollow - 10/10 - Definitely one of my favorite APC songs, and a very good opening song!
2. Magdalena - 9/10 - Another great song. I really liked it at first, but it has sort of fallen a little bit down on my list.
*4. Judith - 10/10 - Well we all knew I was going to give this song a "10". Although it has really been overplayed by the radio, it still stands as one of my favorites.
*5. Orestes - 10/10 - This is an incredible song! The way it flows makes this song probably my favorite APC song of all time! The best song on Mer De Noms, HANDS DOWN!
*6. Three Libras - 10/10 - YEAH YEAH YEAH we all know this song is a "10". Everyone loves this song!
*11. Brena - 10/10 - I really like this song! It's just kind of laid back, and I can listen to this song all day. It's great!
Well, I think that these 6 songs really make this album! These are MY favorites, but you really need to get this album if you don't already have it. None of the songs will disappoint.
Mer De Noms, and A Perfect Circle itself is no side project. i am not making this up and i am NO fanboy nor am i hear to bash this album, i am merely a mmusical enthusiast who plays no instruments but can understand good music when he hears it. As was stated above and by Maynard James Keenan himself ohh, about a thousand times, A PERFECT CIRCLE IS NOT A SIDE PROJECT NOR A HOBBY FOR ANY OF THE MEMBERS INVOLVED. it is not necessarily his new abnd (though i believe iot seems so) but nor is it a side project. I AM a Tool fan going into this so if u dont like Tool maybe stay away,a nd i ma not going to amke endless comaprisons.
Now that that is out of the way know this, Mer De Noms in my opinion is an INCREDIBLE cd. It however is NOT Tool, yes the poetry is their, yes a slight twinge of sound is there but A Perfect Circle is very much its own distinguishable sound and Lyrics. this abnd has Billy Howerdell (guitar tech from Tool), Maynard JAmes Keenan (vocalist from Tool and a few others involved.i dared to buy this CD though i heard it was alright to great i ahd no hesitation i purchasing it. In short, i love it. The music is stunning, the poetry is amazing and the full range of style encompassed here ranging from electrified Rock to more soft melodious tunes to un-identifiable jammin' i cant express how i feel about this.
To be honest howveer, some of the tracks had downright starnge and/or annoying parts TO ME.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Mmmmm, Mer de Noms sat in my CD player for a good three weeks, and more often than not I'd be hitting replay at the end. Read morePublished on July 17 2004 by Harrison
WOW. Brilliant. Masterpiece. ALL OF THE ABOVE
This is what music is.
Tool and A Perfect Circle deliver the goods each time out. Read more
This is like the softer side of Tool, or rather the softer side of Maynard. Unlike Tool, this band is more melodic, and has simpler song arrangments. Read morePublished on June 23 2004 by Seth Nelson
When I first heard about this band, it was on their commercial. At first I thought they were going to be a minute band that will be forgotten within a couple of months or so (Like... Read morePublished on June 15 2004 by A. Chang
APC is filthy, they're much better when you see them live. I like tool better, but this band really has nothing to do with tool so stop comparing them.Published on June 10 2004 by Kevin C. Maguire
A perfect circle. Wow, what a band. In my list of all time favourtie music, APC are second only to 'you know who'. So anyway the CD... Read morePublished on May 31 2004 by nympid x
This album in one word is simply incrediple. I am a huge tool fan and was annoyed when the singer said he was starting this new band. Read morePublished on May 1 2004 by John Coniglio
I bought this album when it first came, out, and have been a huge APC fan ever since. All the tracks here are emotional, put together excellently, and hauntingly beautiful. Read morePublished on May 1 2004 by Withered