- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Medical Dictionary (Spanish) Mass Market Paperback – Jul 1 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Since 1937. Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print and electronic products, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition – America's best-selling desk dictionary – and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster can be considered the direct lexicographical heir of Noah Webster. In 1843, the company bought the rights to the 1841 edition of Webster's magnum opus, An American Dictionary of the English Language, Corrected and Enlarged. At the same time, they secured the rights to create revised editions of the work. Since that time, Merriam-Webster editors have carried forward Noah Webster's work, creating some of the most widely used and respected dictionaries and reference books in the world.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This bilingual dictionary includes basic medical terminology that may arise in health service situations, along with some rudimentary grammar information. However, it is somewhat limited and is really geared for people who have minimal exposure to either Spanish or English and need something to carry around just in case it's needed. For the more serious language student, teacher, or professional linguist (translators, interpreters, writers) this book is severely limited. Even a term like "derrame" in Spanish, which is used A LOT, is not included in the dictionary. So, it's worth having as a backup, but be sure to invest a few more dollars in a better dictionary or dictionaries.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Dictionaries; Polyglot
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Dictionaries & Terminology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference > Dictionaries & Terminology
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical > Dictionaries & Terminology