Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- This product includes both 32- and 64-bit versions for a single computer
- Simplify everyday tasks by finding something instantly, comparing documents side-by-side, or opening your favorite file in just two clicks
- Run many existing productivity and business programs designed for Windows XP-if not pre-installed, it can be downloaded free from Microsoft
- Windows 7 Professional (includes 32 & 64-bit versions) lets you run Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode, recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network, connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation; start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often
- Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Windows 7 Professional has everything you need for work and home, including all the Home Premium features you love and the business features your work demands.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The user interface is enhanced from Vista but keeps Vista elements such as the new start menu. New additions include using only icons on the taskbar and little preview windows that pop up when hovering over an icon for an open program on the task bar. This feature seems somewhat useless for single windowed programs but it is very useful for multiple windowed programs or when there are multiple explorer windows open (no need to alt-tab through all open explorer windows before getting to the correct one).
With a recent computer and video card (past couple of years) Windows 7 will run flawlessly and thanks to program ram caching, programs that have been previously opened will often open in the blink of an eye after being closed (unless they have been replaced in the cache).
This is by far the best Windows yet.
When I have a need for portable devices with touch screens, I will probably enjoy things like Windows 8.
The thing is, a desktop provides me with a reasonably ergonomic environment to use a computer - screen at a good height as well as size / resolution; keyboard (preferably NOT black!!!) that gives me some touch resistance and allows me to use typing skills; a variety of other input devices and media players / connections. To get the same hardware for games and everyday apps on laptops is still a very pricey option; and laptops are physically uncomfortable to work at / on for any length of time. You can only improve that by setting up so many accessories you might as well used a desktop (but can't beat taking your machine with you!)
I think Windows 7 (especially with the accommodation for XP apps) is probably the last, and best, Windows operating system for computers I use typing input with. Looks good and works fast.
I had problems trying to install and setup windows 7 with this damaged disk. Whoever thought of the packaging is surely an idiot! To have the 32 and 64 disks info side face each other and then to rub together inside the package is pure stupidity. Its as if Microsoft designed it to fail on purpose. After loading and set-up several times I eventually got windows 7 installed and working, extra star for my own efforts.
It's too expensive though to my taste, but I searched around and found it on DanArou com. Worked very well for me.
Most recent customer reviews
It installed as quickly and easily as I expected. Works like a sales person on commission in February. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Michael Lunney
! !Amazing Product! !
! !FAST SHIPPING! !
! !Worked 1st time NO ISSUES! !
If you need Windows....BUY HERE! !
Hope to do business with again! !
Exactly what I needed. Authentic and worked like a charm. Fantastic buying experience.Published 15 months ago by Kelly Langner
Good communications. Very responsive and willing to solve problems with you.Published 20 months ago by Julian T