Microsoft Lumia 640 Case, Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case for Microsoft Lumia 640 - Clear
- Made of shock absorbing, shatterproof premium TPU material
- Beveled front edges allows lay on the table design for screen protection
- Super-slim design and perfect fit that adds minimal bulk to your smart phone
- Anti-slip properties gives your smart phone more grip
- Compatible with the Microsoft Lumia 640
Customers who bought this item also bought
Protect your phone with style through this sleek case. Perfect for users who desire durable protection with a clean, modern design.
Compatible with the Microsoft Lumia 640.
100% thermoplastic polyurethane composition for superior shock absorption and flexibility.
The back features a textured wave pattern for an eye-catching finish and transparency to show off the color of your smart phone. The unique design of this case also features a patterned bumper to ensure the best grip and protection. Flexible design makes it super easy to put on and remove from your phone.
In the box?
1x Cimo Wave Case
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
Its made out of high quality TPU material, its flexible and is raised on the front so when you set the phone screen down on a flat surface, the screen is not directly on the surface to help prevent scratches.
The case feels awesome in my hands, its comfortable and has plenty of grip.The sides have texture for even more grip when holding the phone normal or in landscape position.
The cut outs for the USB and headphone jacks are a good size to accommodate larger plugs without modification. The cut outs for the camera/flash and rear speaker are precise and shouldn't cause any OCD outbursts. I was worried that volume and lock buttons would be an issue, but they work perfectly. They even spent the time to make slight cut out where the phone speaker and the mic is just to ensure that the case will not affect the quality of the call.
The case fits my Lumia 640 perfectly and its easy to install and remove.
One thing I am happy to note is that there is NO chemical smell. So for those that have sensitive noses, this a winner.
I chose the clear case because it was the only one that was eligible for prime at the time. I originally wanted black, but I'm actually glad I got the clear one because it just looks amazing. I may even just keep the stock white case, it looks so minimalist. Absolutely beautiful. No complaints from me. Awesome company.
If you have the Lumia 640 and is looking for a decent case, look no further! The price is right, I'd would even pay more this case, its a really good quality product.
This is TPU - cases for phones come in 3 basic material types:
1. Hard brittle plastic. The thinnest, mostly useful for keeping fingers off the camera lens, and for providing a "lip" around the screen so the screen won't contact the surface of an end-table or other flat surface. Not much phone protection, except for eliminating scratches on the back. Great if you don't drop and want the slimmest, lightest case.
2. "Gummy" or "soft silicone" cases - the thickest of the three, often wrap over the screen front more, because otherwise they can deform from normal hand pressures and slip off a corner. I put one of these on my 8 y.o.'s iPad - much too fat and heavy for me, but essential for some users. I have one on my 2009 iPod Touch, but I don't see these for phones any more - too fat.
3. THIS ONE - thermoplastic polyurethane or TPU, which is the in-between style - thicker than hard plastic, much softer; not as thick or as soft as gummy. It's probably the most common type. The best material for cellphones, because there is a lot of protection, but very little added bulk and weight.
The Cimo is half-frosted, half clear on the back. As a nice touch, there are some "dotted" surface areas along the edges to improve grip. The buttons all operate easily under the cover - the volume rocker and on-off are covered, which prevents dust from entering.
If they had black when I got my Lumia 640 - it was a pre-public roll-out at Walmart for $79 locked to GoPhone (AT&T's prepaid division) - I would have gotten one of those instead, since my case is black anyway. You may prefer translucent/clear, if you have one of the brightly covered cases. I see they have black now! :-(
BTW, the 640 is great!
I ordered mine from CIMO Technologies, the importer and/or manufacturer. Amazon didn't stock and ship this directly when I ordered, but that worked out best for me since I dropped out of Prime ($99?) and CIMO shipped right away by Post Office. Unlike some Asian marketplace sellers, this was stocked in, and shipped from, a USA location - it got here in only a couple of days. Now that Amazon has taken over fulfilment, Prime members can get this in 2 days with no minimum purchase.
QUALITY: Yes! I am still using this case a year later. It feels quality in the hand, a thick rubberish feel. Easy to grip, it has little rough bumps on each side to help with that, but I barely notice them in every day use. Looking at the back, it looks like its held up to use, no eyesore of scratches, it dosn't look brand new but looks in terrific shape. Even though I have dropped my phone a few times!
FIT: It is a snug fit around the phone the sides come up a bit and protect the face from face down drops. I do have a tempered glass shield on my phone face, and the case dosn't conflict with that. They play nice together. The speaker for speakerphone is just fine, no issues with muffling. (little hole in your phone on the bottom back in case you didn't know) The buttons on the side are covered of course, you do need to use a little more pressure then normal to work them. All the ports are open and available.
LONGEVITY: My phone still looks great! Feels great and has survived 3 drops to this date without an issue. No signs of the drops to the case, no deep scratches or anything!
-----> Its a good purchase, goes the mile with you. I am very happy with my purchase even a year later <-----
-- keeps the lightweight minimalist aesthetic. It is not bulky. Dimensions increased from 141mm x 72.5mm x 8.5mm (default Lumia 640) to 145mm x 75mm x 12mm (Lumia 640 with this case).
-- raised around the screen ~1mm.
-- relatively inexpensive.
-- drop protection questionable because it is thin. However, we're also talking about a phone that is currently going for $79. Some iPhone aficionados are paying that much or close for just a phone case.
Pictures attached to this review show the Cimo case in black next to an Evocel case in red.