- Product Dimensions: 52.7 x 28.7 x 8.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 231 g
- Item model number: B2M-00014
- ASIN: B000A7Q0HA
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 1 2005
- Average Customer Review: 106 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #10,902 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 13.20 shipping
+ CDN$ 5.22 shipping
+ CDN$ 14.00 shipping
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (French)
|List Price:||CDN$ 54.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 41.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 13.09 (24%)|
- Zoom: Get a closer look quickly and accurately with the intuitive Zoom Slider.
- Customizable hot keys: Perform common tasks, like opening documents and replying to email messages, with the touch of a button.
- Improved number pad: Quickly reach for commonly used symbols, such as equal sign, parentheses, and "Backspace."
- Ergonomic design: Type in total comfort—ergonomic design encourages natural wrist and arm alignment so you can work without discomfort.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Win32 USB Port French Hardware CD
From the Manufacturer
Advanced design positions your hands for comfort. The improved split design encourages a more natural hand, wrist, and forearm position and its curved key layout makes keys easier to reach.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
But the spacebar is the worst. It's very stiff. The sensor is in the centre, but it's a very wide key - they should have designed to have two sensors on either end, or two separate spacebar keys for either thumb. The current design is basically a workout for your thumbs, it's not natural at all.
- The 4000 is not just another beautiful keyboard but a REALLY comfortable one too. Not only are the curves natural and well molded but the minimally padded leather-imitation wrist-rest offers a silky sense of luxury. The keyboard comes out of the box with a negative angle attachment, which can easily be removed - it is comfortable but personally I need to see what I am typing.
- Compared to other Ergonomic keyboards, one has to note that unless the keys are physically separated into two groups any ergonomic effects will be minimal. So, if you are thinking of Logitech's WAVE, it is a good idea to actually give both of them a try at a local store before making a choice. As I said, I am no professional typist (yes, more of a 2-fingers) yet I found that my typing is much faster and my typos more rare when using Natural keyboards.
- I liked the idea of the BACK/FORWARD buttons at the wrist-rest. Although most mice now have this functions on their side buttons, it is still a big help when browsing (my mouse has a Magnifying Function where the FORWARD usually is).
- Also, this is a really quiet keyboard. You get a satisfactory feeling when pushing a button but instead of an annoying "clack" sound only a muted "tap" is heard. Ideal if your wife is in the habit of taking naps in your home-office couch.Read more ›
In my opinion, the Natural 4000 keyboard is the first worthy successor to the original MS Natural keyboard. It doesn't use any odd layout (shrunk arrow keys or two columns Ins/Home/Page keys). Of course, due to the uncompromising design, it's a bit larger than your average keyboard, although not as large as the original. I did not experience any problem that people here have been reporting, mainly the "hard to press" keys. The space bar and the other keys are comfortably easy to press.
I work as a sysadmin and I spend all day typing, so a good keyboard is very important to me. This keyboard met all my expectations. The ergonomic design makes it comfortable to type on. I recommend it to anyone wanting a true ergonomic solution.
Microsoft's quality control has gone downhill. On my last 3 keyboards that went kaputz between September 2012 and July 2013 (when this review was written), here's the chronology:
(1) on one failed model, the 'p' and 'o' keys failed suddenly without warning after less than 90 days of use
(2) on another failure, the entire keyboard quit working without warning
(3) on my third failure, a small splash of coffee rendered the 'l' and semicolon useless.
These keyboards are not spillproof at all, and even if you don't spill anything on them, they are prone to sudden failure. Be thankful that they are inexpensive; buy two, and keep the receipt, as you'll need it for the warranty claim you'll be making.
Most recent customer reviews
Ridiculously fast shipping! Arrived in approximately two days after ordering. Great wrist support and soft keys, although the "space" bar is a little loud.Published 2 days ago by JT
Best one you can buy. I hope Microsoft makes a new version of this keyboard with lower keys and split space key (similar to Sculpt)Published 1 month ago by Bojan Keca
I've used this keyboard for years and love it. It takes a while to get used to it, but I would never go back!Published 2 months ago by Nancy O.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000A7Q0HA/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1Published 2 months ago by Client d'Amazon
Been using it for 4 yrs and still going strong.
Very comfortable and ergonomic.
I will probably buy it again if my old one breaks down.
Purchased this for the wife since she types for 8 or 9 hours a day. Takes a while to get use to but after using it she loves it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by James Scott
good product. nice soft hand rest. comfortable design. quick access keys at the top come in handy.all in all a good buy! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Brian Appleton