Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Product Key Card
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Includes 2010 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 gives you the tools to manage your business, connect with customers and organize your life.
- Access 2010 is your database expert--ideal for tracking inventory and customer information with templates designed to make the process simple.
- Create engaging brochures, newsletters and emails with professional designs available on Publisher 2010.
- The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu found on previous versions of Microsoft Office, to make it easier to navigate tasks, as well as access and manage files.
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Organize projects, manage finances and build a better way to do business with tools from Microsoft Office Professional 2010. Exchange ideas with customers and business partners remotely with Web Apps--it's another way you can stay connected to your business wherever you are. Plus, build professional databases and marketing materials with dynamic do-it-yourself tools in Access 2010 and Publisher 2010 available ONLY with Office Professional 2010.
Key Card Version
About Microsoft Office 2010 Product Key Cards
A Product Key Card provides another way to purchase Office with a PC. It includes a 25-character Product Key designed to activate Office software on a preloaded PC.
Product Key Card features
- Includes 25-character Product Key only, no disc.
- Designed to activate Office on 1 PC preloaded with Office 2010 suites. For a limited time, customers buying a PC without Office 2010 preloaded, can download the software at www.office.com/productkeycard.
- Licensed for 1 install on single PC only.
- License cannot be transferred to another PC.
- Download backup available at www.office.com/productkeycard.
- Customers buying a PC who need Office for new PC only; don't need to upgrade other home PCs.
- Customers buying a PC who don't require DVD media and/or are okay downloading software (if Office not preloaded).
- Customers buying a new PC (best experience if customer simply uses the Product Key to activate a PC already preloaded with Office 2010 suites)
For customers who require Microsoft Office Professional 2010 with a license for two machines (primary and portable PC), Office may be purchased in a traditional disc version.
Build a Better Way to Do Business
Find it on new Backstage View
Programs You Rely On
Included ProgramsEnjoy the same great features you know and love with Office and get some new ones when you upgrade to Office 2010.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Office 2010 was not preloaded on my target computer, so I downloaded the software from the web site named in the key card instructions. To get the download, you must enter the product key, which is case sensitive. (You must use caps for the letters in the key.) The web site gives you the option of purchasing a backup CDROM if you're a nervous nellie like me. The web site also gives clear instructions on how to proceed after the download.
The software download (585MB) took about two hours with a relatively slow DSL connection. Installing the software requires the product key to be entered for a second time (include the hyphens). The installation itself took about 15 minutes on a 1.67 GHz netbook, which had a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 installed that needed to be removed. (The installation screen gave the option of removing a previous Office installation or leaving all or parts of a previous installation on the computer.)
As often happens with Microsoft products, the "installation progress bar" finished a few minutes before the installation itself was finished. The product then required a reboot to finalize the installation. For me, the only really anxious moments involved in the entire operation were the moments spent waiting and watching the screen while the computer was verifying the legitimacy of the product key.
Unfortunately entering said code produced a failure to activate - invalid key. A call to Microsoft's automated registration system solved the problem. However, I've only seen that happen to a copy of Office when something is not quite right. Yes, they let you register, but it's a lengthy process with lots of numbers and answering questions (recorded?). And it is also a warning that Microsoft is definitely paying attention to your registration code. Which makes me nervous after paying over $300 for this experience. Caveat emptor.
Don't purchase from RZ-Bargain...no "Bargain" at all.
Product Key Version: You must download the software yourself (unless a trial version is already pre-installed on your computer). Then you use the 25-digit product key printed on the card to activate the software. This product key (license) can only be installed on 1 computer, and the license is not transferrable. This means when you replace this computer in the future, you must buy another Office license. However, if your pc crashes and you want to reinstall the software on the same pc it was installed on originally, you may do so. If you have any problems activating the software after reinstalling it, Microsoft will be happy to help you over the phone once you explain you are reinstalling on the SAME pc.
Disk Version: Can be installed on 2 computers (e.g. a desktop and a laptop). License is transferrable if you replace either of your computers. So say in a year your laptop dies and you buy a new one. You can use the same product key to install Office on the new laptop. It may give you trouble since you already activated this license on 2 computers, but again Microsoft will be happy to help you over the phone once you explain that your old computer died and the license is only being used on 2 computers.
The Product Key Card is the way to go if you only need this on one computer and you don't think you'll be replacing your computer for a while.
The Disk version is the way to go if you want the ability to install on 2 computers and/or you want the assurance of knowing you can re-use the software if you ever replace either computer.
P.S. - When I bought this software it was sold by Galactics and fulfilled by Amazon. So my review is based on the product I received from Galactics. If the seller is different, I would check out their ratings and proceed with caution. Based on the other reviews it sounds like there are some sellers sending illegitimate key cards.