Mill's On Liberty: A Critical Guide Paperback – Dec 9 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"....This book brings together ten very different contributions, each of which illuminates the essay's continuing interest.... while several essays would be accessible and useful to undergraduate students, the collection as a whole is aimed primarily at researchers, or at least more advanced students.... for those with an adequate background, this collection forms a fine introduction to some central interpretive debates around On Liberty."
--Philosophy in Review, Ben Saunders, The University of Stirling
This volume of essays covers the whole range of problems raised in and by Mill's On Liberty, including the concept of liberty, the toleration of diversity, freedom of expression, the value of allowing 'experiments in living', the basis of individual liberty, multiculturalism and the claims of minority cultural groups.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Modern
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > History & Surveys
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Civil Rights