Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence Paperback – Jun 24 2002
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Mind Gym hits a home run. If you want to build mental muscle for the major leagues, read this book." -- Ken Griffey, Jr., Major League MVP
"A great read that helps you understand the importance that your mind plays in reaching the top." -- Michele Timms, WNBA All-Star and Olympic silver-medal winner
"Gary is a genius on how to convince yourself you can do anything you set your mind to." -- Jeremy Roenick, NHL All-Star --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
Golfing great Bobby Jones said, "Competition is won or lost on the six-inch playing field between the ears." How do the best athletes gain an advantage on that playing field? In Mind Gym, noted sports psychology consultant Gary Mack teaches athletes the lessons he's learned about how the mind influences athletic performance as much as physical skill does, if not more so.
Through forty accessible lessons and inspirational anecdotes from prominent athletes--many of whom he has worked with--Mack shares the same techniques and exercises he uses to help elite athletes build mental "muscle."
Achieving this inner excellence requires time and effort. The more you work on the inside, the more it shows on the outside. These engaging stories--covering such themes as overcoming adversity, staying motivated, and following one's dreams--will enable you to perform at your best by choice rather than chance.
Mind Gym will give anyone who spires to be a better athlete the "head edge" over the competition. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Although the text is more or less based on other people's experiences, the evidence for psychological processes associated with sports is very interesting.
While it sounds like only poeple interested in sports/gym/physical activity can get something out of this book, I strongly disagree! This book can be extremely fruitful for anyone who is curious and wants to learn something about the human condition. It is applicable to everyone.
"It is always too soon to quit." - Mack, Mind Gym
Most recent customer reviews
Great book for anyone looking to work on their mental game.Published 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
One of the most captivating books about sports psychology around, no doubt!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome read! I put this in the must read for all athletes and coaches.Published 6 months ago by Jason Reindl
Legit info but I was hoping it was going to be more practical.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love the book. Great knowledge. Being a professional athlete this has taught me very important principles about mental strength and how important it is.Published on Oct. 22 2013 by stefan cebara
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness > Swimming
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Baseball > Coaching
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Basketball > Coaching
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Football (American) > Coaching > Defence
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Golf
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Gymnastics
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Martial Arts
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Running & Jogging
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Tennis > Instruction
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Triathlon
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Wrestling
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Olympic Games
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Reference
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Sports Psychology
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Other Team Sports > Track & Field
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Other Team Sports > Volleyball > Coaching
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Soccer > Coaching
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Training > Bodybuilding & Weight Training
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Swimming
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Winter Sports > Ice Skating & Figure Skating