Mindful Inquiry in Social Research Paperback – Jun 24 1998
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Mindful Inquiry in Social Research is a scholarly and poetic volume on how to bring mindfulness into one's work and life. Even though I have read other research texts, "I didn't know what I didn't know." However, with Valerie Bentz and Jeremy Shapiro's extraordinary and unique approach, I am for the first time, on my way to developing the research capability that I sought from my doctoral studies. Like reading a suspense novel where time seems to melt away, I lost my sense of time while immersed in the beauty and clarity of Mindful Inquiry. Bentz and Shapiro, literally come alive through their personal writing styles. The text is all at once philosophical, personal, and theoretical. It is not a minor accomplishment for a research text to read poetically. If you have scholarly interests that are directed at the discovery of the cause and the meaning of things, this book may well be the only guide (certainly a necessary one) you will need for your quest. And should you really want to kick start your own research, begin by reading the inspirational magic formulae in their concluding chapter.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Higher & Continuing Education
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Language Experience Approach
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Studying & Workbooks > Study Skills
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Methodology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Research
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Education > Research