The Mindful Investor: How a Calm Mind Can Bring You Inner Peace and Financial Security Hardcover – Dec 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
Meditation and Money Do Mix...No Chanting or Patchouli Required
The most recent market meltdown saw trillions of dollars disappear from the North American economy, and the financial markets drop more than 44% from their highs. Daily volatility was immense, with swings of up to 1,000 points in a single day. A vicious cycle of fear and greed caused panic and suffering for individual investors, investment advisors, and pension fund managers alike.
The Mindful Investor shows you how to use a single tool-Mindfulness meditation-to achieve clarity, focus, and peace of mind with your finances. Oprah, Eckhart Tolle, Phil Jackson, and Tiger Woods have done much to bring meditation out of the mystic shadows and into the mainstream. Google even offers meditation classes to employees. In this book, you will learn how to use Mindfulness and how to combine it with sound financial planning principles-no chanting or patchouli required.
- Replace greed and desperation with calm and focus when considering your finances.
- Make money work for you, rather than being controlled by your money.
- Create your own definition of financial success.
- Stay focused on what matters, and be level-headed about what you can't control.
- Learn the basics of Mindfulness meditation, including the five hindrances to success.
- Acquire simple Mindfulness techniques you can use anytime, anywhere to create calm and focus at will, see clearly under stressful conditions, and make better financial decisions.
About the Author
Maria Gonzalez, BCom, MBA, is a 30-year business veteran who believes that Mindfulness transforms lives. As founder and president of Argonauta Strategic Alliances Consulting Inc., she ensures that Mindfulness is indistinguishable from her business, whether negotiating complex strategic alliances, coaching business leaders to use Mindfulness in their lives and businesses or coaching organizations to function more effectively through Mindfulness. She has been meditating regularly since 1991 and teaching Mindfulness since 2002.
Maria has taught Strategy and Organization Development at Mc Gill University's Desautels Faculty of Management. Over the last two decades she has served on numerous boards and has been a member of the Corporate Advisory Board for the Harvard Medical School - MacArthur Foundation's study on depression and workplace performance. She is a founding member and Vice Chair of the Global Business and Economic Roundtable on Addictions and Mental Health.
Graham Byron, CFP, has been an Investment Advisor and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) for more than 20 years. He has co-authored two other books on financial planning, including the best-selling CARP Financial Planning Guide. Graham believes that applying Mindfulness to money is critical at this turning point in our financial lives. Approaching the financial planning process with calm awareness allows investors to make good decisions and enjoy their wealth.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Business & Investing > Investing > Introduction
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational