MOBI MobiCam Ultra 900 MHz Monitoring System with SW Power
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1.8-inch color high resolution TFT LCD Display and ultra clear sound and picture for nursery, home, or office
- Compact camera and receiver for easy portability with a transmission range up to 300¿ indoors
- Features a night vision with up to 25-feet range and extra wide camera viewing angle
- Comes with voice activated picture and sound with auto mute and versatile belt clip, table stand, and hanging loop
- Expandable up to two cameras and multiple monitors
The MobiCam Ultra system is the most compact, portable and multi-functional wireless monitoring system available. Designed specifically for easy mobility of both the camera and the receiver, the MobiCam Ultra system can be moved to any location within the home (or any other location you choose to take it). With a transmission range of up to 300 feet and advanced new RF technology, security and peace of mind is always within sight.
- Includes Wireless Color Handheld Video Camera with AC 6V adapter
- Large color display for easy viewing
- New technology for clear sound and picture
- Compact camera and receiver for easy portability
- Night Vision with up to 25' range
- Extra wide camera viewing angle
- Voice-activated transmission feature with auto mute
- Versatile belt clip, table stand and hanging loop
- Efficient battery life or AC power
- Installation free - ready to use instantly
- Expandable up to two cameras and unlimited receivers
- Ultra-high resolution TFT Color 1.8" monitor with 900 MHz signal
- Monitor requires 3 "AA" batteries, not included
- Camera requires 4 "AA" batteries, not included
- Video Monitor measures 5.5" x 3"
- Video Camera measures 5" x 3.5"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The audio it sub par. for a produt that cost nearly 200 dollars and it labeled with the ULTRA classification one would expect amazing performance. however it is quite lackluster. The audio is something that has been mastered by other baby monitor manufacturers so one would expect that this one would be too. Not so. The audio is unusable. I had to go and purchase a 30 dollar baby monitor to hear my child.
The Video. well, that is what this product is for right? well, good luck. I happen to live in New York city so the is interference all around. as well as a WiFi network in my apartment. In this day and age of everything wireless one would expect a product costing 200 dollars to have some sort of RF rejection circuity to make sure that the signal to get through to the unit. Not so. I understand that it is on the 900Mhz spectrum which should not interfere with the 2.4 Ghz spectrum of Wifi and cordless phones. but no, the video constantly rolls and is barely usable. The Night vision is a nice idea, however the IR lights that help the night vision work are too strong, so the image is blown out when trying to place the camera at a distance where one can see the eyes of the little one to know if they are awake. So then placing the unit at a distance so that the night vision actually works puts the camera too far away to see their eyes in the day time. it is a toss up.
Overall i am very dissatisfied with this product. It functions only now to be used in addition to a 30 dollar baby monitor to see if the little one is moving around. not as the primary monitor, which i thought it would be.
The video sounds cool and is a neat idea, but a webcam might be a better option if you have a computer.
plus the receiver unit/video mointor EATS batteries. It should have an option to just use the microphone, that way it would be more economical.
There are two things everyone should be aware of:
1) Mobi's customer service is non-existent. I wrote in with a simple question over a month ago and never heard back. That is UNACCEPTABLE to me. Not even an auto-generated response. This alone will keep me from buying any more of their products since they obviously don't care about you once you buy from them.
2) You will need to keep the camera AND receiver/monitor both plugged in almost all the time. The camera is easy to plug in, but the monitor eats through batteries. So while it seems convenient to have it be wireless and portable, you'll have to change batteries literally every day! But, keeping it plugged in most of the time is ok.
Overall, this product does what it needs to do and helps me sleep at night. I'm just disappointed in the "service" from Mobi, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth after spending a good deal of money with them for a product I had to wait a month to get.
I don't own anything else in the 900Mhz range, yet the system receives so much static sound that it's almost unusable. I have used 900Mhz/2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz phones and none of them ever had this kind of static.
We have since spent a little extra money and purchased an AVTech Solutions monitor with much better results. The screen is bigger and the images are much clearer. It is well worth the extra money.