- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by 5A/30 Entertainment when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Grim Reality, Vol. 1
Today Only: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is $25
Deal of the Day: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 25, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is the first series I recommend to others when discussing anime. Pick up this dvd and then stick with the series. In the end you won't be sorry.
The story is mainly about two friends parted from each other just to end up fighting each other in a seemly meaningless war, although most of wars are meaningless. War is such a terrible thing, that is if you were in the shoes of Kira Yamato, the main character in the series, but to us it is just another war story, this time in color.
My summary on this is, yes, Gundam Seed is worth keeping. You might find most of the episodes quite short, this is perhaps to keep the series long. If you like sci-fi animes, you will probably like this series. It has a lot to offer, mentioning twisty storylines and excellent battle sequence. But I must say you should not expect much of this, especially if you are a Gundam fan. I would recommend this to someone who prefers an alternative theme of animes, or someone who has not seen any Gundam series.
The characters develop a whole lot during the series. There's a ton of angst and emotion going on, but enough battle scenes to keep a fight fan happy.
I wholly recommend this to ANYONE of any age and any gender.
- Characters: The characters are likable; all of the primary characters have believable, fairly deep personalities, and even many of the secondary characters have received a fair amount of attention. No cookie-cutter characters or two-dimensional personalities here.
- Story: Admittedly, it's a lot like previous Gundam series in a lot of respects, but it's been done much better this time around than any previous Gundam series. You could perhaps say "same general concept, utterly superior execution." In addition to being interesting, multi-layered and complex, the pacing is excellent, being fast and action-packed enough to keep anyone's interest, but never overloading you with pointless action scenes and thus making it seem shallow.
- Visuals: The artwork and animation are incredible by absolutely any standard, spiced up with plenty of nice CG effects, and terrific character and mecha designs. Gundam Seed redefines the term "eye candy."
- Action scenes: If you enjoy a good space battle, you'll be hard pressed to find better intense mecha action than in Gundam Seed. Fast-paced, flashy, glitzy, smooth - all of these adjectives do a good job describing the action in this series. Each type of mobile suit or other combat weapon has distinctive attributes that come into play making the fights even more interesting.Read more ›
Gundam SEED is extremely well animated with a visual style slightly different from any other Gundam series that I have ever seen. For many of the space and ship sequences computer generated animation is used instead of typical drawn animation. This style is new and takes a few episodes to get used to. I get the feeling that this was an experimental idea that is still being worked out. I would expect that CG animation will be used more often in Gundam series and indeed in Gundam SEED 2 which should be released in Japan later on this year.
Most recent customer reviews
As many before me have pointed out Gundam Seed was hugely popular but does that necessarily mean that its quality work? Read morePublished on Aug. 28 2007 by Indurrago
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is currently one of the most popular anime series both in Japan and around the world, with the sequal - Gundam SEED Destiny currently airing in Japan. Read morePublished on July 10 2005 by Techrobo
When I first watched Gundam SEED I thought it was quite tasteless even before I watched the 1979 version of the original. Read morePublished on June 4 2005 by Grisha Ivanov
Anyone who says Gundam Wing is better than Gundam Seed, must either be a clueless anime fan or a 14 yr old girl (because that's what Gundam Wing was catering too). Read morePublished on May 19 2005 by Fox
Cette serie est vraiment excellente.Je suis devenu un fan tres rapidement et jai ecouter la serie complete en environ une semaine. Read morePublished on Dec 28 2004 by Alex
Hi I've watched both the english subtitled and the english versions of Gundam Seed and have seen all the episodes thus far up to episode 18 and I think that this Gundam series is... Read morePublished on Oct. 17 2004 by Revan
animation isnt the same, whatever happened to the good old days when people drew the damn series instead of using some crapy digital stuff. Read morePublished on July 18 2004