Mondo Cocktail: A Shaken and Stirred History Hardcover – Nov 2 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Christine Sismondo is passionate about cocktails and their history. She has written for the Globe & Mail, the Literary Review of Canada, NOW Magazine, the National Post. Sismondo writes extensively on the restaurant industry, food and beverages and has tended bar for 15 years, delighting patrons with classic cocktails and idle chatter.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It's odd that she claims to draw on and respect the history of the cocktails contained, that she positions herself as a cocktail purist, and yet her recipes are almost unfailingly modern twistings of the originals.
The worst is her martini recipe: 5 drops of vermouth! That's not a martini, it's chilled gin.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Drinks & Beverages > Bartending
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Occasions > Holidays
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences