The Mother of the Gods, Athens, and the Tyranny of Asia: A Study of Sovereignty in Ancient Religion Hardcover – Jul 11 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
"Munn has a superb gift for association, interconnecting facts into completely unexpected new vistas."Henrik Versnel, author of Triumphus: An Inquiry into the Origin, Development and Meaning of the Roman Triumph
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I will leave it to a confrere to write a detailed analysis of its many perceptive observations. The Greeks, and the Greeks living in the Aegean Islands and Crete, that were employed as mercenaries by the Imperial culture of Pharonic civilization from the 18th to 20th Dynasties.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Archaeology
- Books > History > Ancient
- Books > History > Europe > Greece
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Goddesses
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Ancient
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion