Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 7.00 shipping
+ CDN$ 7.73 shipping
Motorola HD Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for Motorola Atrix HD - Retail Packaging
- Share movies, photos, play games, or browse the web on the big screen with friends and family
Amazon.ca Product Description
HD Dock for Motorola Atrix HD transforms your phone into a multimedia hub
From the Manufacturer
With the HD Dock for your Motorola Atrix HD, connect your phone to your HD TV or monitor to watch the action on the big screen. Watch movies, stream TV shows, share pictures and home videos, or browse the web with the comfort of a full size screen. The HD Dock also lets you connect your phone to external speakers so you can listen to music or internet radio in stereo.
Other features include getting one touch access to all your favorite applications with smart modes. Choose from Gallery, Bedside, Office, Music or Mirror Mode* to display the set of apps that are right for your needs. Customize each view with additional apps of your choosing. With Motorola ESP Technology built in and working with your phone, the dock remembers and launches your saved settings each time you dock. Set up your dock to launch an alarm clock in the bedroom, photos and videos in the living room, or music in the kitchen.
*Requires an HDMI connection to an HDTV or monitor. Cable and displays sold separately.
- Share movies, photos, play games, or browse the web on the big screen with friends and family.
- Listen to your downloaded music or stream your favorite music apps in stereo.
- Customize your view and choose from several Smart Modes (Bedside, Gallery, Music, Office), or choose your favorite apps for a personalized view.
- HD Dock comes with Motorola ESP technology, so it remembers your preferred smart mode and automatically launches when you dock.
- Keep your phone charged while you play, and it will be ready to go when you are.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I've yet to use the product however I've read great things about it.
My main frustration is no where does it give you any info as to what type of hdmi cable is needed for this device. Even after I received it there was nothing on the packaging, the manual inside, or the product itself stating that the hdmi port on product is a the type D Micro hdmi cable.
Of course the only info that was available was in the manufacturer's description which simple included (in a font size 4 sizes smaller I should add)
*Requires an HDMI connection to an HDTV or monitor. Cable and displays sold separately.*
- Update- 6/11/12
After a few weeks of use I have to stick with a 1/5 star rating of this item.
When using as a dock on a nightstand
1) Be prepared to remove any case you have in order for your phone to fit into the docking station
2) Make sure you visually lineup the phones connectors with the docking station's connectors (if you sit in the the dock and slide it towards the connectors 80% of the time they don't line up correctly. Also when you do have the connectors lined up, you have to apply some force for the phone to accept both the power connector & the micro hdmi connector
3) Make sure you have downloaded custom dock profiles from the phone's app store. Once in dock mode you lose easy access to about 98& of your phone's programs.
When using as a dock to display hdmi content to a TV/Receiver etc
1)There is a 4-6 second delay between when any program on the phone is opened / closed and when the video/audio is fed through the hdmi cable
2) Without using the dock for the HDMI connection you have the option in the phone to edit how the hdmi size & aspect ratio looks on your TV. When you use the dock, the dock has its own settings (that you can't customize) which make the picture on your tv (at best) using about 70% of the tv's screen size.
If you plan on using the phone to display hdmi video/audio content on a TV the nifty price tag doesn't justify buying this product for its simple "docking" feature.
Shell out the extra $3-$5 for a wire organizer and you will have the same thing.
Or better yet. For less $$$ get yourself a combo of something that includes similar items
GTMax Bluetooth Wireless Mini Keyboard + 15FT Micro HDMI Cable + 3x Stylus with Flat Tip (Black/ Red/ Blue) for HTC Evo 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Acer Iconia A500 , BlackBerry PlayBook, Motorola XOOM (Package include a Mini Cleaning Brush)
Is just one random example.
Basically only get the dock if you have no need to hook it up to a tv; you can't find a cheaper stand to lay the phone on its side; and you want to pay over $25 for the included charger which you can find for $3.