Multicultiphobia Paperback – Apr 24 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘Ryan‘s book will be of interest to a variety of readers, from political scientists and philosophers to policy-makers and the general public.’ (Chris Durante Journal of Religion and Culture, vol 23:2012)
'Multicultiphobia is a nuanced critique from a very cultured author who quotes Habermas and Peanuts, Woody Allen, Dostoevsky, and Rousseau, an author who possesses a good understanding of...multiculturalism as well as a deep knowledge of national debates.' (Danielle Juteau, Department of Sociology, Universite de Montreal)
'Phil Ryan's in-depth analysis is not only timely, but essential, as Canadian identity evolves in the twenty-first century. His approach makes sense: ask tough questions about multiculturalism based on facts, not fear. Kudos to Mr Ryan for deconstructing the movement against multiculturalism.' (Sheema Khan, Phd, columnist for The Globe and Mail, and author of Of Hockey and Hijab: Reflections of a Canadian Muslim Woman)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > History > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Education
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology