Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on January 15, 2017
I marked five stars because I love the Muppets and this story ...BUT... this DVD version is really a huge back-handed face slap to the memory of Mr Henson by Disney. This movie was made by Mr. Henson's people to honour him and show the world the Muppets were not finished with his death. Belle's removed song and scenes during Christmas Past tore the heart out of the explanation of the changes of both younger and older Scrooges. The whole point of the movie !!! Keeping the dialogue scene in does nothing to redeem the edit. The end of movie scene and song at Bob Crachit's table loses all depth of meaning too as it is supposed to connect to Belle's missing song and scenes. The second explanation connecting to the point of the movie !!! It would be like removing Jack's death in Titanic making him just mysteriously disappear and thus remove all explanation for Rose's future life decisions. Explains the price-gouging theft of other sellers for first release copies. Disney is fast loosing their vision and talent in these modern days as I have seen edits like this done to other movies.
on April 21, 2018
great movie, great service. The only complaint is that they removed a scene in this version that is important in the telling of this story. I recommend ordering the 50th Anniversary DVD to keep all scenes included. Not sure what Disney was thinking but not the sellers fault or issue.
on November 25, 2017
Cute packaging, fantastic movie. I like that there are several versions so you can choose whether to watch 'the love is gone. A big step up from my VHS copy that was taped off the tv in the 90s. I do miss the Breton cracker advertisements every 20 minutes though..
on January 23, 2016
I like this movie a lot which is narrated by Gonzo as Charles Dickens and Rizxi the Rat. Kermit plays Bob Cratchett and Michael Caine plays a great Scrooge. The music for this is so amazing, cheery and Christmasy that I bought the soundtrack
on February 18, 2018
Gave my original copy to my 3 year old nephew who has never seen the Muppets. Sharing the classics of my youth.
on January 2, 2017
Watched it with my 18M Granddaughter; it is a classic Jim Henson Muppet movie, very full of colour, lots of music for us to dance, funny for older kids to watch myself included. It kept my Granddaughter and I entertained throughout the movie.
on December 27, 2015
We ordered this Blu-ray version to replace our older DVD, only to discover that "The Love Has Gone" song was not included. The DVD had the option of watching the theatrical version, or the longer one. I don't see that option on the Blu-ray copy. We will give this one away and keep the DVD!
on January 19, 2014
lost a lot of movies in the fire we had and this is another one of them so bit by bit we are finding them on amazon and getting our faves back again. we missed watching this one at Christmas for two years as it is a traditional favorite with us so we loved having it back again. thanks amazon.
on December 21, 2014
For any who noticed this DVD is advertised here as having a Spanish dub, be forewarned: It does not.

This was especially disappointing as I bought this for a friend who grew up with the Spanish version and I bought this for that reason. Hopefully she still enjoys it.
on November 28, 2013
One of my favourite Muppet movies! Michael Caine is a great Scrooge, and gamely keeps up with the Muppets. Not a movie to take too seriously, it's more enjoyable if you can just love it for what it is, and ignore the sometimes off-key singing. Forever a favourite!