Mushrooms Demystified Paperback – Oct 1 1986
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is the be-all and end-all of mushroom books! Truly an encyclopedia of mushroom facts and lore, lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs, literally everything you need to know about mushrooms, edible or not. Arora has taught mycology for close to twenty years and has hunted and photographed mushrooms across the North American continent. Threaded through the book are his wry and humorous observations and comments, making what could have been a rather dull, "just-the-facts, ma'am" reference book into a really enjoyable read. The stunning photographs of the incredible variety of fungi are fascinating and eye-opening, and while the author gives clear and factual information, the mysterious allure of mushrooms in their countless shapes, sizes and colors is only increased by this huge and delightful book. --Mark Hetts
An exceptional book . . . a must for intermediate and advanced mushroom collectors and those with wide horizons.-Cottage LifeSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The one criticism I've heard about the book from the professional mycologists is that Arora did not do microscopic analysis on his specimens so as to actually prove what species it is. If you approach the book from the standpoint of this being the best book on the art and science of mushroom identification based on macroscopically observable features, you will be fine. It is Arora's expertise in this aspect of mycology and the detailed and clear descriptions of the species for identification purposes that is exceptional about this guide.
Most recent customer reviews
Very informative, easy to understand, written with the reader in mind.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I thought that there would be a lot of photos, there are but they are black and white. I don't find that helpful as color is very important in mushrooms. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
The bible of mushroom books with a little hippie humor thrown in for funPublished 5 months ago by Marc Manfred Andratschke
A superb and user friendly addition to the author's smaller field guide, 'All that the Rain Promises and More'.
Could use color photos throughout to make it better.
It is great . very descriptive. Only down side the pictures are black and white and colors are very important for telling mushrooms apartPublished 14 months ago by Rafy
This is one of the great mushroom texts. Too detailed and too large to ever be a pocket field guide, and yet the information is presented simply enough to understand. Read morePublished 21 months ago by dan hunter
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology > Microbiology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Fungi
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora > Mushrooms
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants > Mushrooms
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference