- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Music, Radio and the Public Sphere: The Aesthetics of Democracy Hardcover – Aug 7 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This monograph offers a theoretical intervention into and a detailed analysis of the democratic space opened by community radio against the backdrop of commercialism and corporate power typically associated with the music and radio industries. As the author explains, a scathing critique of the commercial music and radio systems alone would not reveal the democratic potential of these popular forms, and the book's attention to the democratic aesthetics of community radio addresses this critical question persuasively.' - Bethany Klein, University of Leeds, UK
About the Author
CHARLES FAIRCHILD is Senior Lecturer in Popular Music, University of Sydney, Australia. He is the author of Pop Idols and Pirates (2008) and Community Radio and Public Culture (2001). He has published articles in journals such as Popular Music, Media, Culture & Society and Television and New Media.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Australia & Oceania > Australia
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Radio > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Aesthetics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Aesthetics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Ideologies