My Microsoft Windows 7 PC Paperback – Oct 6 2011
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Windows 7 photos that show you exactly what to do
Help when you run into Windows 7 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your Windows 7 computer
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Windows® 7 computer working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Get started fast!
• Quickly set up your Windows 7 PC, and transfer files and programs
• Master the Windows 7 updated interface and new productivity shortcuts
• Connect printers, cameras, tablets, media players, smartphones, and other devices
• Protect yourself by preparing for system recovery
• Instantly find files, media, and anything else on your computer or the Web
• Share and secure your Windows 7 computer
• Find, download, install, and run new programs
• Reliably connect to the Internet
• Get and send messages via email, IM, and more
• Make the most of Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Media Player 12
• Use Windows Media Center to watch Internet TV and stream favorite shows
• Set up the Xbox 360 as a Windows Media Center extension
• Organize, fine-tune, and share your photos
• Set up a HomeGroup and connect all the Windows 7 computers in your house
• Keep your Windows 7 computer up-to-date and reliable
About the Author
Katherine Murray has been writing about technology since before Microsoft Windows--a ny Microsoft Windows--even existed. She’s worked with every consumer version of Windows that has ever been made, marveling with the masses at Windows 3.1, swearing at Windows ME, enjoying Windows XP, and threatening to throw her computer off the roof, thanks to Windows Vista. Now with Windows 7, she feels we have arrived at a sleek, smart, reasonably lightweight operating system that does pretty much what most users need it to do. She started writing about technology 24 years ago and still enjoys it, specializing in Microsoft Office technologies and the fascinating ways in which we stay in touch with each other through cloud technology, blogging, social media, and more. You’ll find Katherine’s blog, BlogOffice, at www.murrayblogoffice.blogspot.com. In addition to writing books, she writes regularly for CNET’s TechRepublic and Windows Secrets.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Windows 8 is out now, but I purposely chose a Windows 7 computer